25 Gallon Nano Reef Flow Question

wmb91

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I am new to the saltwater hobby. I have been keeping a 25 Gallon Nano tank for a few months now. However I have been confused from the start on flow. I have a rather large rock setup in the tank. And I have angled some powerheads to send flow into the center portion, behind the fixture, and infront of the fixture. Along top of the main return pump flow. I haven't had any major visible issues with my flow, but I'm wondering if I have an unnecessary amount of flow in my tank.

20200928_063713.jpg
 
Wow that is alot of pumps. If the fish seem happy then more flow is good but I personally would just stick with 2 pumps. One to hit down low and one for surface agitation
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new