270 Gallon "Fish Pairs Themed" Upgrade

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I lived in Terre Haute for 7 years. Escaped south all the way to Evansville.
CLose to me 1 1/2 hr , in Flora il ... :) need some rock ...:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WP_20200410_14_59_46_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
home of the white squirrels
I like the white and black ones. Just something you don’t see here. But then I have always liked “out of the ordinary “ things

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to see how the regals are going. Such amazingly beautiful fish.
Yes, I am getting very discouraged about the regals. I really want to get the other angels out of holding tank and into the main tank. I’m going to contact them at the end of this week again and see how they are doing.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is already plumbed for your auto water changes. ;)
Yep with the DOS. Rodi is underneath sink in bathroom and goes through the wall to bathroom closet and then through the wall underneath stairs. Reef tank upstairs however is manual, carrying buckets :confused:

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joe Glass Cages

So just spit balling here but looking for everyone’s opinions, advice and input.

I have been thinking about reducing my number of tanks down to 1, plus my qt systems of course. I love my butterflies and angels, you know, the ones that would eat my corals, so I have to keep them. I have been brain storming about a tank within a tank. Don’t know how exactly this would look. Or how much it would cost.

Tank is 84” x 30” x 25”
Option 1 - maybe something down the middle of the tank , somehow hanging from the center braces. Would the center braces be able to handle the weight? Would probably have to be acrylic so is lighter in weight Would i need slits on all sides for flow? This might be a nightmare for keeping all the slots, hole clean. Would I also need a power head inside this tank? I’m thinking this acrylic tank would be 72” x 8” or 10” wide and deep.

Option 2 - something across the back wall of the tank. This could be acrylic or glass and siliconed in place. This would probably have to be 2, one on each side of the overflow. I think if it’s glass, only way to get flow would have to be ph in each one. Would it get enough light on the back wall? Would be same size as above one. Would be very hard for me to reach to clean the glass. (I’m only 5’ tall)

Was thinking either one would be just slightly under the water level so fish can’t get in and still allow for some water flow.

Ideas, thoughts and opinions. Is this doable and still look good? Any issues or problems I’m not thinking of?
Hi @MrsBugmaster

Most radical. very out of the box thinking.

would you be open to scheduling a call? We could quickly talk through needs and option. Let me know.

if yes to a call, best to put it on the calendar. Let me know what works for you. My direct number is 404-434-3444.

Thanks so much!!!!

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @MrsBugmaster

Most radical. very out of the box thinking.

would you be open to scheduling a call? We could quickly talk through needs and option. Let me know.

if yes to a call, best to put it on the calendar. Let me know what works for you. My direct number is 404-434-3444.

Thanks so much!!!!

I will look at my calendar and get back to you. Thanks

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
only reasonable solution I see is to turn the room behind it into a massive tank, so large the angels can't find the tasty coral.

also, the lights are great.
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com
Clayton Keller Hockey GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had something similar. Said to a friend face to face in person with phone in pocket. "like your pants" my attempt at small talk don't judge me. She proceeded to tell me about a company online and spelled the name. The next day on the FB I'm seeing adds for said company. I may start talking about random stuff out loud just to play around.
Say mattress 3 times and watch the purple ads start showing up on any phone in the vicinity by the next day latest.

Not hating, love our purple mattress.

But yikes.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Say mattress 3 times and watch the purple ads start showing up on any phone in the vicinity by the next day latest.

Not hating, love our purple mattress.

But yikes.
I am going to try this, I get all kinds of ads from my husbands hobby to my own. If I even look at 1 thing, I'll get 100 adds of that category until the spam stops.

Thanks Gmail....

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back