29 Gallon Aquarium Stocking Ideas?

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks! I currently have a standard 29 gallon aquarium with a pair of Clowns, 1 yasha goby, 1 tiger pistol shrimp, a ton of hermit crabs, and a few snails. I was thinking to add a royal gramma and one other fish that catches people’s eyes, and is different from the other fish in the tank. I would like some kind of hawkfish, but I hear they will murder gobies and I love my yasha, so any help would be appreciated:)

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma is good. If you want something that perches like a hawkfish but isn't as mean, try a blenny. Tail Spot would be perfect. Starry or Algae would also work.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma is good. If you want something that perches like a hawkfish but isn't as mean, try a blenny. Tail Spot would be perfect. Starry or Algae would also work.
I’ve heard that blennies also go after gobies though, and my yasha is pretty tiny

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some reasearch, I really like the tail spot blenny! Thank you so much! I think he/she would make a great addition to my tank!

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some reasearch, I really like the tail spot blenny! Thank you so much! I think he/she would make a great addition to my tank!
Awesome! My tail spot is absolutely peaceful. I don't think it's really a risk at all.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back