29G Biocube Skimmer question

Xtremeclownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image_zpsfnvsgd1x.jpeg
I have purchase 29G Biocube about 2 months ago, and definitely want to do a few mods. So far I removed the hood, and added LED lights. Now I want to add a skimmer! I've been looking at the CPR SR3 protein skimmer, and the AquaticLife 115 skimmer. Just wondering those of you who own the 29g Biocube what input can you give me on what you are using and why?
Pros and Cons

Last edited:

IdahoNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alot of people use that 115 or the Tunze 9001....since you don't have a top, both should work fine in your set up. I hear the 115 is easier to get running, less fuss that the 9001, but that's just me reading a ton of posts.....

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a hydor or a tunze, they are the best for nanos.
This is true.. But then again I can't say...LOL
I drilled the back of my 25 biocube and have a 8 gal sump under the tank. I am running a skimmer on low for a tank twice or better my size..LOL

I like your tank, but have you done a par reading on it yet? The lights look a little high off the water..

nport19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently upgrading my skimmer on my 29 bio to the 115 because my current one in using is a cheap one and it really doesn't work very well. The 115 seemed to be a good switch for me based off of all the good I have heard about that skimmer.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the AL 115 also on my bc 29! It works great with some mods, and I like that it fits in chamber 1, allowing a refugium basket in chamber 2. The suction cups don't hold up. I built a platform of egg crate with tie wraps and mounted the skimmer on top.

IdahoNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Egg crate shelf, or, cut a slit in the side of the hood and hang it over the right side edge (looking at the tank). I've seen both work, and keeps it at the same level.

OP
OP
Xtremeclownfish

Xtremeclownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to raise the skimmer and it seem to not overflow or filled so fast. The hood was removed from day one, and in the garage.

image.jpeg

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 55 41.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.3%
Back