2nd Fish

Streetlamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throwing this out there, for your thoughts. Its time to buy my second fish for my tank. Well its actually my 3rd, 2 clowns in there a couple of weeks. The tank is 30ish gal. I'd like something active that will explore the rock work with good colour. I'd love some blue damsels but I think they need to be added last. My main requirement is compatibility. I don't want to get something that is going to limit my choice further down the line.

Hit me up with your ideas.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smaller tank...maybe a pink streaked wrasse, small and active swimmer. Stays close to bottom and rock work. Peaceful fish. Tailspot Blenny keeps close to rock work, too. Not very colorful but a great little personality. Also peaceful plus algae control...well some algae control.

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely recommend orchid dottybacks for their fantastic purple color. Some people have had issues with some aggression, but in my experience, they are normally passive fish.

OP
OP
S

Streetlamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the orchid dotty back. I was thinking of a fire fish. I've never noticed a pink steak wrasse in my LFS only 6 line!!!

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throwing this out there, for your thoughts. Its time to buy my second fish for my tank. Well its actually my 3rd, 2 clowns in there a couple of weeks. The tank is 30ish gal. I'd like something active that will explore the rock work with good colour. I'd love some blue damsels but I think they need to be added last. My main requirement is compatibility. I don't want to get something that is going to limit my choice further down the line.

Hit me up with your ideas.

Damsels will limit your choices in a 30 gallon tank regardless. Royal Gramma Basslet would be a good all around choice for your tank

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the orchid dotty back. I was thinking of a fire fish. I've never noticed a pink steak wrasse in my LFS only 6 line!!!

I would skip both the Firefish and the Orchid Dottyback and go with a Royal Gramma Basslet instead. Orchids are the best behaved of the Dottybacks but still Dottybacks and firefish can be pretty timid and easily bullied. Pink Streaked is a good choice as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back