2Shainz Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 Mangrove/MacroAlgae Build

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a new build! The plan is to do a Mangrove/Macroalgae tank time with the possibility of adding some mushrooms and/or other softies in the future. The tank and cabinet get delivered today.

Planned Hardware:
Lighting: Hydra 32 Freshwater
Pump: Sicce 1.0
Wavemaker: Nero 3

I'm drawing inspiration from the Brad908 Mangrove/Macro masterpiece. More to come, but in the meantime what are some of the best places to buy Macros from? Looking for some good color variation with the build.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefcleaners has a nice selection, reasonable prices, and free USPS 3 day priority shipping on orders over $65. I got some nice gracilaria last time I ordered, and plan to setup a similar tank to Brad's in a 20 long. They tend to regularly be out of stock, but if you sign-up for an in-stock notice on their items, they come back in stock pretty regularly as well. Just be sure not to wait to order! I waited a few days last time, and by the time I put my order in they were out of stock again. Website link. Definitely planning to order from them again.

Gulf Coast Ecosystems (https://www.live-plants.com) is one of the other retailers specializing in macroalgae. I plan to order from them as well. I believe that's where Brad got most/all of his macroalgae from. They have a nice selection, but it's very seasonal as the collect most of it from the Gulf. They give you nice sized bunches of algae, but their shipping is unfortunately rather expensive (it's based on how many items you order, be sure to check the details before ordering). For most folks outside of the South (so myself in Vermont, and you in Missouri), shipping is as follows: 1-3 items $29, 3-6 items $49, 7-12 items $59, 13-24 items $99, 25 items and up $149

Last edited:
OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@reefcleaners has a nice selection, reasonable prices, and free USPS 3 day priority shipping on orders over $65. I got some nice gracilaria last time I ordered, and plan to setup a similar tank to Brad's in a 20 long. They tend to regularly be out of stock, but if you sign-up for an in-stock notice on their items, they come back in stock pretty regularly as well. Just be sure not to wait to order! I waited a few days last time, and by the time I put my order in they were out of stock again. Website link. Definitely planning to order from them again.

Gulf Coast Ecosystems (https://www.live-plants.com) is one of the other retailers specializing in macroalgae. I plan to order from them as well. I believe that's where Brad got most/all of his macroalgae from. They have a nice selection, but it's very seasonal as the collect most of it from the Gulf. They give you nice sized bunches of algae, but their shipping is unfortunately rather expensive (it's based on how many items you order, be sure to check the details before ordering). For most folks outside of the South (so myself in Vermont, and you in Missouri), shipping is as follows: 1-3 items $29, 3-6 items $49, 7-12 items $59, 13-24 items $99, 25 items and up $149
Thanks! Pretty much the same as I what I have found so far.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back