3 dottybacks

ckrausnc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to get an orchid, sunrise, and SanKeyi dottyback from Pacific east aquaculture and wanted to confirm if all are added to tank at once they would be fine. Current tank is a 75g with 80lbs live rock, and a 30g sump.

Currently have the following:
1 Melanarus had 2 year
3 chromis had 2 years
1 percula clown had 2 months
1 lawnmower blenny had 1 year
1 small fox face 1 month
9 peppermint shrimp
Netrites, cerith, nassarius, trochus, asteria snails, and blue legs, 2 emerald crabs

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk man, I've had an orchid for about a month and he has been as advertised: mostly peaceful, but defends his cave area with some gusto. But 3 different types of dottybacks seems a little dangerous. Maybe a pair of orchids would be cool? And if I could do it all over again, I'd have added him last I think. Naturally right after I added him I came upon that same website with the yellow assessors and kinda wish I got one of those first, then got the orchid. I think now that I have the established orchid I can't add any assessors/basslets.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have a problem with the orchid or sankey's as they are right at the bottom of the dottyback aggression scale. The sunrise arent particularly aggressive either so I don't envisage a problem from adding them all together.
The orchid and sankey have been bred together to form the indigo dottyback so you might find they pair off with the male spending most of its time in the rocks.

OP
OP
ckrausnc

ckrausnc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have a problem with the orchid or sankey's as they are right at the bottom of the dottyback aggression scale. The sunrise arent particularly aggressive either so I don't envisage a problem from adding them all together.
The orchid and sankey have been bred together to form the indigo dottyback so you might find they pair off with the male spending most of its time in the rocks.
Ok awesome glad to hear all this! Thanks so much.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your peppermint shrimp are small its possible the dottybacks could eat them, not that ive had experience with this but what I've read online and in books

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back