30 Gal tank light upgrade

Wuffletoast

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2022
Messages
72
Reaction score
43
Location
Appleton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a factory built lid with white LED lights. I added a mesh lid last week and I am now looking to upgrade the lighting this Christmas. I would like to future proof and upgrade now, but have something viable for the moment I decide to add corals. Any and all suggestions would be helpful. I would prefer one with app support so I can tweak it to what I feel is best for my tank.
 
Whats your budget looking like and have any idea of what kind of coral and stocking you want to do? That will help determine a good light
I was going to research beginner friendly corals closer to the 6 month period and my budget is around $500
 
For 30 gallons I would say an AI Prime if not EchoTech then go with Kessil.
Would one Radion XR30 G5 Blue LED work well for a tank with these dimensions? 32.25 IN L X 14.25 IN W X 20.63 IN H. I just want to make sure it's strong enough for corals too.
 
Would one Radion XR30 G5 Blue LED work well for a tank with these dimensions? 32.25 IN L X 14.25 IN W X 20.63 IN H. I just want to make sure it's strong enough for corals too.

I would do 2x AI Primes. You'd be able to grow just about anything/everything in that tank with a pair of Primes.
 
I would do 2x AI Primes. You'd be able to grow just about anything/everything in that tank with a pair of Primes.
I really like the flex arm mounts for them, but i'm only finding mounting arms for rimless tanks. Aside from hanging them, are there any options to buy arm mounts that work with rims?
 
Would one Radion XR30 G5 Blue LED work well for a tank with these dimensions? 32.25 IN L X 14.25 IN W X 20.63 IN H. I just want to make sure it's strong enough for corals too.
A xr30 is close to 1000 so not really in your budget. For that size tank I would go with the AI Hydra 32,
 
Would one Radion XR30 G5 Blue LED work well for a tank with these dimensions? 32.25 IN L X 14.25 IN W X 20.63 IN H. I just want to make sure it's strong enough for corals too.
i run 2 XR30 Blues over a tank 3 times bigger and they're pretty intense and will likely won't ever need to be powered up more than 65% for my mixed reef. In your system I would recommend going with an XR 15 Blue and save the extra cash for a mount. You'll still have the power for sps should you go that direction with your system.
Good luck!
 
Would one Radion XR30 G5 Blue LED work well for a tank with these dimensions? 32.25 IN L X 14.25 IN W X 20.63 IN H. I just want to make sure it's strong enough for corals too.
That’s overkill really.. I’m running a xr15 g6 blue on my 24x24x24 and everything is happy including my Sps!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new