OP
jschultzbass

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So time to update. I ended up taking the tank down due to life stuff happening. I decided to keep it down while I did a full remodel of the basement and built the tank into the wall with fish room behind. Fish room is also general storage room and washer/dryer room, haha. I just recently started putting fish in my tank. This will be mostly a FOWLR but will be adding some cheap softies, LPS, SPS so if they get eaten it's ok. I have a Waterbox 170.4/5 as my reef tank. The equipment is basically the same as before since I kept it all. Here are a couple picks to get it going.
IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Beautiful tank and room!!

OP
OP
jschultzbass

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your new setup is beautiful. That’s a show piece for sure and the build in job looks well executed. I miss my finished basement a lot.
Thank you! I'm super pumped on how it came out. The only thing I wish I might have done different is put the aquarium into the wall more so it's not so "behind" the wall. Benefit of this way though is I have insulation in the walls so you can't hear any equipment at all. My wife is getting slightly annoyed I spend most of time down there though......

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you so much! Now my wife is telling her friends that everytime she turns around I another tank pops up, haha! I have this one, the waterbox, 80 gallon frag and two QT tanks.
I'm multi-tank also

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! For the back of the tank how about a plain old school pull down window shade? You could open or close it depending on your mood. It would also reflect light back in the tank. When I finish my door for the front of mine I’m going to put in a shade so the kids can be in the man cave with the lights on and the fish can sleep..

OP
OP
jschultzbass

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! For the back of the tank how about a plain old school pull down window shade? You could open or close it depending on your mood. It would also reflect light back in the tank. When I finish my door for the front of mine I’m going to put in a shade so the kids can be in the man cave with the lights on and the fish can sleep..
That's what I ended up doing, thank you for the suggestion! I mounted it a few weeks ago and works like a charm. I used this from Home Depot.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back