OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah probably and just looks like moving as partially wedged in rocks.will try blow that area with turkey baster tommorrow and see ^_^

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever it was its not there now so been blown off by the flow or been eating or moved if is some kind worm

Attachments

• 20210928_104757.jpg
    20210928_104757.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 34

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably accumulated waste. Tube worms will stay in place. But, I guess one never knows what something is. With how much is going on in our aquariums.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outlined it in red as phone on its side.but still in sameish place but can see nearly full length off it and remained still in same place for hours now but at the bottom of the little crevice its in so my opinion now is yeah defo just bit of detritus or some hard thing that got coraline growing on it.
Shame not a worm as kind of cool behaviour as the movements seemed so fast and deliberate rather than the flow just blowing it around lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210928-132350_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210928-132350_Gallery.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20210928-132348_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210928-132348_Gallery.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20210928-132317_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210928-132317_Gallery.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 31

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Huh, that's too pink to be detritus. I would say a nudibranch if I had to guess. I can't think of any worms with that coloration.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mrs is off work today so will see if can get her to video it while i use turkey baster to try suck it up or blow it off whichever happens first

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video from earlier coming soon.just uploading on youtube.wasnt a worm and very tiny but managed to get it videod as removing it.
Reminds me if a splinter get from wood as got little kbobble in it but im thinking maybe as i through the clam shells in tank it could be the hinge part from the clam that broke off and got caught on rocks possible

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe, poor clam. Those are nice to have too. I have had some bivalves for a year now. They too have been eaten,
From an already dead frozen clam i mean.when i feed the fish sometimes i just defrost clam then through all in including shell or just leave some on shell and slice rest off

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Video of removing long pink object from rock and close up in second videod when removed so just some kind waste of something

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not reef related but sad day for our family.our lovely little cavalier king charles spaniel we had to put to sleep today,not eating for 12 days and stomach/ pancreas/ kidney problems so after 6 visits to vets and 2x2 days in pet hospital on drip we decided was kinder to let her go than suffer and basically starve to death

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am sorry to hear, I hope your young ones are taking things well. it's always more difficult for them. Usually, as they have a much stronger attachment

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef related last 2 weeks tested water and 25- 50 nitrates on salifert and 40 on api and would like lower as got what i believe red cyano bacteria on rocks and all over glass which scraped of glass 1 hour before wc and attached toothbruah to hose and scrubbed rocks while doing wc which did larger 20% today.its dust like on the glass and looks fury/ velvety on the rocks to naked eye but zoom in looks brown wavy algae and i turn return pump off when doing wc but after wc and tank cleaner i think force of water going up through my green flexible return hose is dislodging some kind of white/ grey bacteria in the flexible hose.at moment my thinking is try my best not to use chemicals unless absolutely need to but chemiclean wpuld possibly help clear it up but next wc i will remove flexible hose and try flush out with hotwater as concerned the amount of this white possible bacteria thats growing in the hose the fish or corals could eat and get sick.
Been hectic last 12 days with our dog tia maria but still need upgrade my cuc and get my last fish but tank been put on hold as dog took prevalance :)and will teat nitrates/ phosphates tommorrow and hopefully they lower as this maybe part reason getting cyano bacteria.my flow is quite strong so dont think its flow and maybe not cyano.maybe its brown algae of some kind but i will try my best to keep tank looking best it can be

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear, I hope your young ones are taking things well. it's always more difficult for them. Usually, as they have a much stronger attachment
Yeah my 4 year old girl has had lots questions today over the dog.
Im honest with her and dont tell her white lies over stuff to not hurt her feelings and said mummy and daddy are going to pet hospital to say one last goodbye as tia very poorly and will not eat as it hurts and she seemed to understand but could see confused when she says if when dead you get buried, then how you go to heaven,so tried my best to explain to her.
My better half wanted me to be with tia when they put her to sleep as she couldnt bring herself to be there so i agreed but vet said due to covid they not allowed anyonr in room when it happens,which i dont like to complain and blame things or others but i dont understand why cant be there as 6 different days had 6 different appointments at vets and vet/ assistant wearing masks and behind a plastic screen with dog on metal table and me and mrs other side of screen in a 8 foot by 10 foot room and today allowed us to go up to say goodbye and in room with dog and vet/ assistant but had to wait till we left room to put her to sleep so really dont understand but thats how it is and cant change it so you know.
But know mrs very upset her last memories of her tia is of her all crapped up and wet through on back end as diahorea and weeing herself and they couldn't even clean her for us to see her and think mrs trying to let her anger out on vets saying if animal welfare seen us keeping dog like that,its neglect and could lose dog,but was hard decision but was for the best and im sure my kid going have lots questions about tia in next coming days as when we put her to bed earlier,she says will tia be awake from her sleep in the morning so had to explain again no she wont be coming back so tough times

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly, none of this makes sense to me at all. Everything is becoming a mad house. The 2 of you wll be able to cope a lot better then the young one. Once it kicks in, your 4 yr old is really going to lash out. Perhaps. I don't know her well. It's just what I have experienced as a child and children I have been around who lost beloved pets.

I hope you and your family find comfort, as you were robbed of a very important moment. So was Tia. There is no excuse for this. But, they have made one.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i got that naughty crab in sump jail as 3 times caught it trying to kill the smaller 2 inch conch and conch was hiding under sand very often and not doing its job and hermit digging it up and caught it once trying to dig a nasarius snail up when found snails breather tube sticking up from sand and snail going deeper and deeper then dissapeared under sand and apoeared above sand 5 inches away then zoomed off but now im feeling sorry for the naughty hermit as he on his own in sump and its bare glass bottom with couple rocks in skimmer section and few rocks in return pump section but no light at all and even made him some little steps out of eggcrate so he can get over the glass in one section to the other and he struggling to walk on the glass and often see him upside down struggling to right himself so thinking to put some larger pieces of crushed coral or sand in there but then skimmer be sat on it and just be harder to clean sump as slower flow than dt so detritus gets in sand etc.

Edit: added pics of steps made out eggcrate and weighted down with sones with elastic band at ends ha ha and eggcrate so can climb up rocks then rggracte for last bit but he just stays in skimmer section,maybe return pump he doesnt like so not sure what to do over 1 little hermit crab lol.
As my soft side saying buy light for sump and put sand down and maybe even start growing some macro algae and have some kind refugium with sand and stuff for him lol.
But would need take skimmer out sumo and hamg it on side like how it can be when system designed as bought it all ready to go with all equipment ( stock)
Even think i should put few hermits down with him but he nauggty so could try kill them which cant blame him as thats how they act in wild.as got to kill there meals most of time or if opportunity presents itself ^_^

20211003_220006.jpg 20211003_220015.jpg 20211003_220027.jpg

Last edited:
Back