B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1809.jpg
IMG_1810.jpg

These are all iphone pics Ill get my wifes camera out once I figure out how to use it

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take note people, this is going to be one amazing tank, can't wait to see it come into it's own over the next few years... Excellent job!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take note people, this is going to be one amazing tank, can't wait to see it come into it's own over the next few years... Excellent job!

Thanks for the kind words Alex. Hopefully your words come true

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes and I am following! Great job!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates, how's the tank coming along?

REEF RADIANCE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bwrag,

Beautiful tank. I bought one and am setting it up and this is what I used for lighting.

We used 6 of our DM-165M all connected and run by a Reef Keeper controller. Works great! Included a picture. Cant wait to finish it up.

Rick

Attachments

• 20150410_204940_resized_5.jpg
    20150410_204940_resized_5.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 220
OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bwrag,

Beautiful tank. I bought one and am setting it up and this is what I used for lighting.

We used 6 of our DM-165M all connected and run by a Reef Keeper controller. Works great! Included a picture. Cant wait to finish it up.

Rick

THAT SHOULD BE AWSOME. ILL PROBALY MAKE LED JUMP SOMEDAY BUT KEEPING IT SIMPLE FOR NOW.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates, how's the tank coming along?

Sorry for absence with family stuff work and training for nationals my tank has got off track. Im refocused though i had some byropsis issues which seem to be regressing after killing many corals. tank looks like total crap but turning it around now. I'm not putting pictures up to save embarrassment. my system runs great as far as equipment, but i am switching to Triton method. initial test should be back any day. my fish are doing great had a few disappear and coudnt find witch stems the byropsis issue. but i left my awc 24/7 for a week and all levels are zero now. i will start updating more as it turns around. especially document Triton journey.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to following your change over to Triton, been reading as much info as I can on that method so will be following your results closely, hope you don't mind:D.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has any solutions for byropsis other than kent M. please tell me. Im through my third gallon and it hasnt effected it at all. I have been manually pulling daily. Im about to start leaving my lights in my refug on 24/7 to see if it chaeto will out compete byropsis. i oredered some diffrent macros to help and I also seen some documentation on lettuce slugs eating byropsis so ordered 4 of those aswell.

hopefully triton results come in today so i can get bigger picture on tank, and seek out best route.

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tech M is the only thing which has worked for me both times. Raised Mg up 200ppm per day for 3 days then left it there for 2 weeks from the first dose. Removed all carbon and turn off the skimmer.

I tried peroxide dosing and all it did was slow it down then came back faster.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my mag is already over 1600 but my lithium is over 3000 which makes me nervous

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK

Against better judgment started dosing kent again i want byropsis gone. put in 1000 ml yesterday and 1000 today. plan to do this till friday and watch and see what happens. I got 100 gal salt mixed up incase stuff starts looking bad

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my corals lot a few shades of color but nothing bad. Everything is happy now. I lost one frag from bryopsis crowding it out and had to do something.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have lost a lot I have added 4000ml so far with no change my test kit goes to 1600 so just monitoring coral moving forward. Thanks tek

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok well i switched my frag tank and refugium yesterday the frag was about 4 times bigger so now i have a huge refugium. I also put a hps lighting system over my refuge and will light it 12hrs per day opposite of DT. Im thinking of lighting frag tank opposite of my display aswell. today i plan on switching over the elements i cut my awc off last week. so hopefuly nutrients stay low. also no sign of byropsis giving in today ill dose another 1000 ml for a total of 6000 so far. my plan is once it starts showing signs of dying to stop dosing and let it ride those levels for a while.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay triton elements are dosing. my alk is dropping so im bumping up rate daily. but the hps light is deffiantly making macros grow fast. went home today and reurn pump was dead. turned out to be fried power supply is hooked it up to one of powerhead power supplys 2 amps lower but is running. i ordered new one. today i feel i made a real turning point in tank aswell. even though i still have byropsis. part of my problem was tank turn over. my tank didnt empty fast enough so i drilled overflow teeth bigger and my tank level dropped a inch i cranked up return pump to full speed which was impossible before (it would overflow the overflow). and it didnt rise. so hopefully once new supply gets here it will flow even faster. i cleaned my gyre and with every thing rolling there was a huge dust storm so hopefully ill get alot of debre out of display and to macros to help with nutrients. I have lost many corals through all of this but once byropsis is gone and i nail down my dosing schedule. I will restock. ill get some pics of macro growth tonight. I deffiantly recomend light

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to read the positive progress you are making:), but sorry to know you lost some coral in the battle:(.

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back