OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i have been MIA my father passed last week and have been dealing with that

Still waiting on dust to settle and ill get one

Are you still planning on running 10k bulbs?

yea 3 400w 10K ushio and 2 bml actinic

If you can't take the skimmer cup off.. How do you plan to service it?

Tagging along!

i can take it off but not out so I can clean it inside sump and do what i need to. Ill be slightly inconvenienced but should workout fine

How's the build coming along?

slowly I have the apex initially installed just waiting on dust so i can add rocks. and begin cycle. I did load my cryptic zone with 80lbs of rock so that will be nice not to have DT so crammed. Ill probably put another 30-50 in sump. I want room for my corals to grow and get huge. Not sure how big of a cycle ill have if any at all since I have had my rocks in circulating water for 3+ months and added shrimp to it. I have my ato setup straight to my rodi. with a few fail safes. I have my qt plumbed to my drain for the autowaterchange system.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i have been MIA my father passed last week and have been dealing with that.
WOW, I'm deeply sorry for your loss my friend, please accept my condolences. When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. May you take comfort in knowing that you have an angel to watch over you now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, I'm deeply sorry for your loss my friend, please accept my condolences. When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. May you take comfort in knowing that you have an angel to watch over you now.

thank you for that.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coral qt.jpg

here is coral qt. the overflow is plumbed directly to septic. and the long hose in it is the output of my auto water changer. so a quick overview is
Fresh saltwater in to tank at the same time it takes out a equal amount of dirty water and sends it to my coral qt. and once its full will be a daily turn over of 3 gallons in my 18 gallon qt.

apex.jpg

rough wire of apex . i also have a eb8 on top of my canopy for a lighting, and one by awc for that and dosers.

tonight I plan on getting a fts minus canopy, hang frag tank & refug lights, and hopeful start on rock work

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is coral qt. the overflow is plumbed directly to septic. and the long hose in it is the output of my auto water changer. so a quick overview is Fresh saltwater in to tank at the same time it takes out a equal amount of dirty water and sends it to my coral qt. and once its full will be a daily turn over of 3 gallons in my 18 gallon qt.

Really like that idea, thinking how I can incorp into my setup!

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like that idea, thinking how I can incorp into my setup!

i also have some Ts plugged off on the piping in-case i ever want anything else to go down drain. I have my rodi output piped in aswell. but this spring when my wife plants flowers ill probably run a line outside for irrigation for them

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also have some Ts plugged off on the piping in-case i ever want anything else to go down drain. I have my rodi output piped in aswell. but this spring when my wife plants flowers ill probably run a line outside for irrigation for them

two of the office secretaries are plant freaks, I bring them 10 gallon of RO/DI discharge water every other week... plants are growing like weeds...lol

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if any (break-in) photoperiod are you going to setup/run and for what amount of duration?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if any (break-in) photoperiod are you going to setup/run and for what amount of duration?

honestly havnt though about it never ran mh so have no clue. probably need to research that a bit

my sons new beamer

tripps beamer.jpg

sorry for crappy pic. I wasnt going to put it up but wanted to do a update. i still have about 50-70 lbs of rock in my original tank. but contemplating not using im liking the open flow.
aquascape.jpg

got my ph and salinity probe running. through in some shrimp, but rocks were previoulsy cycled so will put in a few fish this weekend and slowly start moving live stock from original tank over if all goes well.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 4door Beamer is freaking awesome I want one! Why couldn't they have toys like that when I was young?!?!

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. The open area will allow corals to spread out better and cut down on flow dead spots.

thats the plan i want to give the corals room to grow huge.

That 4door Beamer is freaking awesome I want one! Why couldn't they have toys like that when I was young?!?!

yea yesterday our weather finaly turned around got to mow the jungle of a yard. but he also got to take the powerwheels outside for the first time and he was all over the place.

tank update
i added 6 chromis last Thursday and there good and eating so this weekend ill start slowly moving fish and rock from old tank. also picked up a high fin perchlet which is pretty cool. I have a question for someone with experience with clowns. I have a huge orange clown and a medium black in my 75 gallon, that ill be transferring into the 300. I was wanting to know would it be ok to have another set or would it start a war. I wanted to get a pair of of black snowflakes, but don't want to get them just to get killed by my bigger clowns.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CHROMIS.jpg

here are a few of my chromis one week thursday

FRAG RACK.jpg

here is a pic of my frag rack. Unforunatly my frag light went out moments after pic. So i ordered a 6 bulb t5, previous was 4 so more growth is expected

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL So I was just reading through the thread and on page 3 there are some pictures of your boys. Good looking fellas BTW, and it said "my son Tripp next to skimmer". But I was looking at the picture below with both boys and I thought. Heck, I like reef tanks as much as the next guy, but who names their son Skimmer?! The I realized it was the caption for the photo above. With Tripp standing next to an actual skimmer!

Awesome tank, The 300DD is probably my favorite "off the shelf" tank you can buy. If I could fit one in my living room, or what I should say is, if my wife would let me get rid of the 2nd couch so I could shoe horn in a 6 foot tank, it would be the tank I got.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL So I was just reading through the thread and on page 3 there are some pictures of your boys. Good looking fellas BTW, and it said "my son Tripp next to skimmer". But I was looking at the picture below with both boys and I thought. Heck, I like reef tanks as much as the next guy, but who names their son Skimmer?! The I realized it was the caption for the photo above. With Tripp standing next to an actual skimmer!

Awesome tank, The 300DD is probably my favorite "off the shelf" tank you can buy. If I could fit one in my living room, or what I should say is, if my wife would let me get rid of the 2nd couch so I could shoe horn in a 6 foot tank, it would be the tank I got.

HAHA Yea i don't like reefing that much. the tank is great and im moving my old tank over little by little. hopefully be fully transferred soon.

but no skimmers in my future

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back