OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you laser hopefully I'll be back on track next week when my sump hopefully arrives.

I did order all the supplies to connect my sump to rodi for ato. It has multiple fail safes brs did a video on it last week.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also ordered a 20 gallon water storage tank to plumb in line for a cryptic refugium

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone with a Lps mysteriously shrinking may have same prob as me. I have a beautiful purple with peach and blue tip wall hammer that was a good 7" long but over the last month a inch ha disappeared. And I couldn't figure out why. Well I was there when lights came on this morning and my cleaner shrimp was pulling pieces off

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I moved my tank into house and unboxed a few things
tripp skimmer.jpg

my son Tripp next to skimmer
tripp gavin tank.jpg

My Nephew Gavin with Tripp in tank

skimmer with head.jpg

and i installed skimmer neck cleaner. which I dont think is going to fit after sump is in

K_red_raider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be awesome! I think I may have to subscribe to be sure and keep up with your progress.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be awesome! I think I may have to subscribe to be sure and keep up with your progress.

Thanks

also painted back of tank last night and am just waiting on sump to get here to put all together

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got some pics of sump last night said i should have it tues or wed
SUMP SIDE.jpg

SUMP OVERVIEW.jpg

FRAG RACKS.jpg

this is what im using for my cryptic fuge. the water will come from sump to chiller then to cryptic fuge then return to tank. the water will go in through bulkhead on top of vessel and out through bottom bulkhead back to sump. I will also install a emergency overflow above water level back to sump in-case bottom becomes plugged
CRYPTIC FUGE.JPG

cryptic plumbing.JPG

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!
thank you

also after reading about flatworms and such. I decided to incorporate a coral qt thats pretty cool
here is a overhead view. I will have my tank setup to automaticly change 3 gallons of water a day. through a dual head stienner. the old water will pump out of my tank into the qt. then over flow into the drain. basically change 3 gallons of water in my qt everday aswell

awc.qt setup.jpg

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea for the QT. I was planning a similar idea but did not incorporate an auto water changer. I need to research it a bit more.

OP
OP
B

bwrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea for the QT. I was planning a similar idea but did not incorporate an auto water changer. I need to research it a bit more.

the auto water changer inst specifically for the qt tank. I just put the qt in line with it so i don't have to filter my qt tank. its roughly 20 gallons. so a 3gallon water change per-day it will be turned over once a week. other wise i would have just hooked the back side of the automatic water changer to the drain. I figured I have it might as well take advantage of it. I will give it its own heater though.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, loving the craftsmanship on this build, very nice!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back