305 Reef Club, Miami Reefers

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!, I can probably get us a small spot at a local fish store for a first meet and xiholdtruex is right, we just need to get started.

Guys, there is a lot of stuff that can be accomplished moving as a pack (Should I say school?), LETS DO THIS!!!.

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are week days for you guys?... Im open to meet at any time from Monday through Wednesday and only during the day time from Thursday to Sunday (Airport life equals “no life”).

How does Exotic Pets on Bird Road sound for a first meet?, I know is a little far from Homestead but I’m pretty sure they’ll be glad to have us for a couple hours.

Where is @Ernie Crucet ?, come on man, you started it!!! ;Happy

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, sounds great. I didn’t have a spot so wasn’t sure where to meet up. I’m good with anywhere that’s in Miami or near by. That’s why I started the thread. Lol. I’m free weekdays after 7pm and any time weekends.

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s start a list of people and their location so we can come up with a meeting place that’s relatively close to everyone.

So far we have:

Juanrmattos - West Kendall
Mario4933 - Downtown Miami

Drop your locations guys I’ll make a list
I’m in Miami near bird and 67 ave so near the bird rd fish stores.

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There you are!!!

I know Exotic Pets is open until 8:00pm every day, I can get in touch with them and ask if they would be willing to give us an hour or so at closed doors... Say this coming Wednesday at 7:00pm?

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That works for me. Although It might be short notice for some people. Also, how is exotic going to feel about us talking about trades and maybe selling out own stuff? They might not be to happy about that. Was hoping for a neutral space but we can try it out and just not talk about that kind of stuff while there. I know FMAS sometimes meets in UM space.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That works for me. Although It might be short notice for some people. Also, how is exotic going to feel about us talking about trades and maybe selling out own stuff? They might not be to happy about that. Was hoping for a neutral space but we can try it out and just not talk about that kind of stuff while there. I know FMAS sometimes meets in UM space.
FMAS has a frag swap coming up in October I believe.

By the way Ernie saw your ad on offer up bring some xenias to the meeting hahah I’ll take a piece or two depending how big they are.

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you Ernie, just want to make it quick before it gets cold... The main goal is just to meet up and organize ourselves so that we are all pulling in the same direction... Ideas are endless.

Known the owners of the store for quite some time I honestly dont think they would mind and Im certain we all may eventualy end up going back there to make some business... We may even be able to arrange a club discount no?.

In any case... If you guys are up for Wednesday at 7:00 just confirm here.

Mario Ok
Ernie Ok
Juan Ok

Bring it guys!!!

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I just attached them to 1 inch tiles yesterday. Hopefully I’ll have some people stop by today. Not everyone logs in here as much as others. Should we create a what’sapp group as well? Hopefully this can become a little more organized in the future. Would definitely prefer a neutral space though.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you Ernie, just want to make it quick before it gets cold... The main goal is just to meet up and organize ourselves so that we are all pulling in the same direction... Ideas are endless.

Known the owners of the store for quite some time I honestly dont think they would mind and Im certain we all may eventualy end up going back there to make some business... We may even be able to arrange a club discount no?.

In any case... If you guys are up for Wednesday at 7:00 just confirm here.

Mario Ok
Ernie Ok
Juan Ok

Bring it guys!!!
In all fairness I’ve never been to that store and knowing myself I’ll probably walk out with something.

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I just attached them to 1 inch tiles yesterday. Hopefully I’ll have some people stop by today. Not everyone logs in here as much as others. Should we create a what’sapp group as well? Hopefully this can become a little more organized in the future. Would definitely prefer a neutral space though.
I was thinking about a WhatsApp group too. It’ll be the best way for quick back and forth ideas

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back