32 BioCube setup Suggestions

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a BioCube 32G and looking for suggestions on other options to put into the other chambers. I have currently bought an Aquatic Life Protein Mini Skimmer and Intake Media Basket. But I’m not sure about anything else, could someone give me suggestions?

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people talk about chambers 1,2 and 3. Is chamber 1 the output discharge nuzzle?

Edit: I think I figured out.

Do people usually put their fuge basket and media basket in the same chamber? Or do they put in different chambers?
Also, for chamber 3, what do people usually put in this chamber? Or would y'all recommend?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people talk about chambers 1,2 and 3. Is chamber 1 the output discharge nuzzle?

Do people usually put their fuge basket and media basket in the same chamber? Or do they put in different chambers?
Also, for chamber 3, what do people usually put in this chamber? Or would y'all recommend?
My 20g 18" cube is 4 chamber.
#1 overflow
#2 skimmer or?
#3 3 baskets
#4 return

I run 2 baskets of Ejeim substrate pro and 1 basket of matrix.

No skimmer so #2 is for carbon.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chamber 1 where the water comes in- I run the coral life V2 skimmer (some people also put their heater in this chamber). It's the safest place, as the water level stays consistent.
Chamber two (middle) is where people put their media baskets and yes if you want to run a fuge, this is a common place
Chamber three (where the return pump is) I put seachem purigen at the bottom where the water comes in from chamber two. But i dont think you need that getting started. I also have the coralife UV hooked up here between the return pump and where the water enters the tank. Although, I cant say It makes much a difference and I kind of view it as a glorified lightbulb. Others might disagree with that though, dont don' take my word for it :)

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chamber 1 where the water comes in- I run the coral life V2 skimmer (some people also put their heater in this chamber). It's the safest place, as the water level stays consistent.
Chamber two (middle) is where people put their media baskets and yes if you want to run a fuge, this is a common place
Chamber three (where the return pump is) I put seachem purigen at the bottom where the water comes in from chamber two. But i dont think you need that getting started. I also have the coralife UV hooked up here between the return pump and where the water enters the tank. Although, I cant say It makes much a difference and I kind of view it as a glorified lightbulb. Others might disagree with that though, dont don' take my word for it :)

What UV Sterilizer would you recommend for 32 G Biocube? Would something like this work?
UV Sterilizer

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my biocube 32, I keep the heater in chamber one, intank media basket in chamber 2 that I modified to fit a 2in filter sock. Below that I keep a bag of ROX carbon and GFO. I also have the intank refugium basket with chaeto. chamber 3 has return pump and inkbird temp sensors

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my biocube 32, I keep the heater in chamber one, intank media basket in chamber 2 that I modified to fit a 2in filter sock. Below that I keep a bag of ROX carbon and GFO. I also have the intank refugium basket with chaeto. chamber 3 has return pump and inkbird temp sensors
Is there a video on how to modified the intank media basket? Also, what is GFO? Sorry I'm trying to make sure that I understand as much as I can :D

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What UV Sterilizer would you recommend for 32 G Biocube? Would something like this work?
UV Sterilizer
That's the one I have. I really don't know if it works or not. I'm still battling the GHA issues i inherited . But that could be due to other factors about my system. I spent some time researching trying to find others but they all have their pros and cons AND if you don't want it to be in the main part of the tank, the one you linked is the only option I have come across so far.

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great success putting the biocube Skimmer and heater in chamber 1, biomedia like marinepure or brightwells media on the bottom of chamber 2 and using the rest of the chamber for the refugium (scrape off the paint on the back glass to expose more of the chamber to light) and some media or rock rubble around the return pump. Also, get an auto top off.

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a video on how to modified the intank media basket? Also, what is GFO? Sorry I'm trying to make sure that I understand as much as I can :D
No video as its something I engineered myself. I cut out the top shelf of the basket to fit this filter sock- IM filter sock I put a piece of filter pad on top to drown out some of the waterfall noise you get. Works great! GFO is used for phosphate control. I like the BRS stuff BRS GFO

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No video as its something I engineered myself. I cut out the top shelf of the basket to fit this filter sock- IM filter sock I put a piece of filter pad on top to drown out some of the waterfall noise you get. Works great! GFO is used for phosphate control. I like the BRS stuff BRS GFO
Oh great, I might try that. Thank you! I'm kind of new so I might not do that right away though. I might try to get everything stabilized first then start to play around a bit.

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great success putting the biocube Skimmer and heater in chamber 1, biomedia like marinepure or brightwells media on the bottom of chamber 2 and using the rest of the chamber for the refugium (scrape off the paint on the back glass to expose more of the chamber to light) and some media or rock rubble around the return pump. Also, get an auto top off.

Where would you recommend I put the ATO? Also, what ATO would you recommend?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back