OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. The reason being is that will be a localized hot spot. Put them in a separate chamber
Great will do! Thanks!
That depends on the ambient temperature of the room. I used a 150w I had laying around and it's overkill.
Oh ok, I'm going to buy a 150 watt then. Thank you!

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the tank, should I get something to cool the tank? Right now, I have a heater but I don't have something to cool it. I do have a wavemaker, but don't think that counts since that more for flow. Curious what everyone thought.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on where you live. Texas... you probably want to consider one. I live in Indiana and don't have the need. Although I have not had my tank through the summer to see what happens with the lights running as an added heat source, so I could be wrong. :)

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on where you live. Texas... you probably want to consider one. I live in Indiana and don't have the need. Although I have not had my tank through the summer to see what happens with the lights running as an added heat source, so I could be wrong. :)
I'm wondering if something like this would work:

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can try this first then maybe go to something more extensive. Unless there is another suggestion in terms of fans. My thought is that I can put the fan facing the chambers to cool off the tank.

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the tank, should I get something to cool the tank? Right now, I have a heater but I don't have something to cool it. I do have a wavemaker, but don't think that counts since that more for flow. Curious what everyone thought.
No need. I live in South FL and dont cool mine. As long as you keep your house at normal temps you are fine

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tool did you use to cut off the top shelf?

No video as its something I engineered myself. I cut out the top shelf of the basket to fit this filter sock- IM filter sock I put a piece of filter pad on top to drown out some of the waterfall noise you get. Works great! GFO is used for phosphate control. I like the BRS stuff BRS GFO

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or do you think if I just filter bags instead of the sock that'll be ok as well?

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont use a sock, I would at least use filter pads to trap the gunk and then filter media
Oh ok, I might just do that for now. Just want to make sure I have the terminology down straight. Are filter floss and filter pads, the same thing?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back