32 BioCube setup Suggestions

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely add the ATO right away
Im going to go against the grain with adding the ATO right away. Take what I say with a grain of salt because I haven't been back in the game very long. I do weekly 10 gallon water changes. You should be doing at least 5 gallon weekly with the biocube, in the beginning, until your tank becomes established. I do more because of a different issue, not related. Anyways, with the lid, My tank water does not evaporate at the speed that I need to worry about the ATO. I check salinity between water changes periodically, it is has never really needed much topping off, if at all. ... just my two cents. I think most people will say the ATO is single best investment you should make.

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to go against the grain with adding the ATO right away. Take what I say with a grain of salt because I haven't been back in the game very long. I do weekly 10 gallon water changes. You should be doing at least 5 gallon weekly with the biocube, in the beginning, until your tank becomes established. I do more because of a different issue, not related. Anyways, with the lid, My tank water does not evaporate at the speed that I need to worry about the ATO. I check salinity between water changes periodically, it is has never really needed much topping off, if at all. ... just my two cents. I think most people will say the ATO is single best investment you should make.
Thank you so much! I'll keep this mind.

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the intank media bracket, what would you recommend in terms of media? And what order would you put it in?

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where would you recommend I put the ATO? Also, what ATO would you recommend?
The ato sensor is going to have to go in the return pump chamber. I use a 5gal jug inside the stand for the ato water.

Tunze is the go to but they can be on the expensive end.

Also, get a heater controller. Ink bird has a few choices. One controls a heater and a cooling fan if the tank gets too warm. There is also a model that connects to wifi and will send you an alert through the app if something is wrong.

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ato sensor is going to have to go in the return pump chamber. I use a 5gal jug inside the stand for the ato water.

Tunze is the go to but they can be on the expensive end.

Also, get a heater controller. Ink bird has a few choices. One controls a heater and a cooling fan if the tank gets too warm. There is also a model that connects to wifi and will send you an alert through the app if something is wrong.
Oh, I'll get some heat sensors. What watt heater would you recommend for tank?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back