32 gallon Biocube build!

borgie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So finally able to start another reef tank after taking about an 8 year break from the hobby. Got a super sweet deal on a biocube with stand I couldn't pass up. Ordered 10lbs of citric acid and ran that through the tank for 24hrs and scrubbed all the old algae and coralline of with a breeze after the soak. So far it'd a stock unit but will be changing that dramatically over the next few months. Have a Nero 3 I just bought from BRS and a titanium heater with the inkbird wifi controller. Plan on getting the intank media basket and fuge then starting the cycle. I went with all Marco Rock the foundation, some reef saver and the shelf as well as the mortar and super glue to make my aquascape and loving the way it all turned out. Still debating on salt mix either going to do AF or Fritz? Will be running stock hood for a bit till I get my Kessil A360X with dongle and the A-series mounting arm then removing lid and adding the Kraken Reef lid with evap cover. Also upgrading the stock pump to the Mightyjet mini, heard this is an amazing aio pump. Future plans are to be a mixed reef with a tad heavier on the sps side. Will also be adding a full apex system to this tank with a trident, auto wc, etc. Doing the Aquamax HOB 1.5 skimmer since the in tank ones are absolutely worthless. Will be a slow start with all the equipment I plan on adding to make traveling easier on me, anyway here is some shots of the tank with the new aquascape

Snapchat-2056317495.jpg Snapchat-797060775.jpg Snapchat-1180380748.jpg Snapchat-1032649712.jpg

OP
OP
B

borgie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creative scape!
Thanks a ton!! Took a while to get it to where I liked it but super happy with the layout will have tons of room for corals and different tiers for corals who dont like so much light plus gives the fish a maze like run around tank :p

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 24.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back