32 gallon biocube stocking

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just picked up a wicked biocube 32g deal. Got the tank, stand, sand, protein skimmer, magnet, and hydrometer for 300 cad and couldn’t pass it up. It’s currently cycling with live rock and I added the instant ocean nitrifying bacteria and now I’m thinking of what to stock it with. I was thinking of a royal gramma, a pair of clowns, a banggai cardinalfish and a coral beauty angelfish. I’m wondering if all of these fish are ok together and what order to add them in if they are. Thanks in advance

gedgery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m certainly no expert but I tried a coral beauty angelfish In my biocube. It went horribly. The fish came from a larger system and freaked out in the biocube. Died on the second day which is unfortunate since I was planning on returning the fish after work. Seeing the fish in the tank, the tank just seemed too small.

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m certainly no expert but I tried a coral beauty angelfish In my biocube. It went horribly. The fish came from a larger system and freaked out in the biocube. Died on the second day which is unfortunate since I was planning on returning the fish after work. Seeing the fish in the tank, the tank just seemed too small.
Ok thank you, but all the other fish you think would be fine together?

gedgery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say so, seems quite reasonable. Personally, a yellow watchman goby is one of my favorite fish and could also be cool to have a bottom dwelling fish as well.

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pair of banggi cardinals, orchid dottyback, 2 clowns, clown goby and or a blenny would be good
The royal gramma is probably the fish I want the most so I’m guessing I can just replace that with the bong or blenny?

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say so, seems quite reasonable. Personally, a yellow watchman goby is one of my favorite fish and could also be cool to have a bottom dwelling fish as well.
Yeah I’ve read some things about a royal gramma getting aggressive towards other bottom dwelling fish and the royal gramma is my favourite

gedgery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’ve read some things about a royal gramma getting aggressive towards other bottom dwelling fish and the royal gramma is my favourite
I commend you for staying on the safe side. The royal gramma is certainly a pretty fish. Good luck to you!

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a coral beauty in a 29 gallon biocube (the original oceanic one) for years and it did just fine. But I dI’d get it as a sub-adult (don’t know that I’d say it was a juvenile). It was well behaved and fat and healthy (I don’t know if there’s any truth to it, but it seems to me like fish were hardier 10-15 years ago). That said, a biocube is really about that absolute minimum sized tank I’d feel comfortable putting a Pygmy Angel in, but i think so long as you have a lot of rock and a lot holes and caves for it to swim in and out of, it’s doable.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wanted to try an angelfish then the two that get labelled as cherub and African flameback should be okay (Don’t quote me on that).

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest against coral beauty. We tried one and it eventually died. It wasn’t clear why but it’s a borderline tank for that kind of fish so not worth the risk.

We have A B cardinal and a pair of maroon clowns who quite happily have been together for a year.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back