32 Gallon BioCube Sump Help

Anthony Malagisi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I need some help/advice. Right now I have a 32 gallon biocube setup and running with 2 clowns and some soft corals, I want to add sump to my tank under the stand but I am having a lot of trouble deciding weather to drill my back glass or modify the lid and use a hang on the back type overflow box. Can anyone please help me decide. Also if I went the overflow method what one is recommended for the biocube
Thanks in advanced
Tony
 
In order to drill the tank (if the glass isn't tempered) you would have to completely empty it. Drilling requires the surface to be flat. For a HoB overflow check out eschopps.
 
That's kind of what i thought too, I have seen people say they were able drain the back section and drill it like that but idk that's kind of sketchy
 
Glass is tempered. Best to utilize an overflow box
 
I drilled the back of my 29BC and kept the original in-tank overflow. I believe that the return from the sump just came up over the back. Mine used one drain pipe as a full syphon and the other the emergency drain. Here is a video of something sim with a 32BC. Check to make sure your tank back is not tempered.

 
Why are you trying to add a sump out of curiosity? I have a fairly stocked BC32 and am struggling to keep any level of NO3 in my tank with a skimmer and fuge setup as it is...

Are you utilizing the rear chambers the best you can? IME you can have excellent filtration with the correct gear in these tanks...
 
Always wondered why folks bought BC’s just to remove the lid, or drill... there are far better options if you want a rimless or drilled/drillable tank. Buying a BC just to gut it makes no sense, since the purpose of an AIO is to simplify things and keep everything fairly contained.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new