0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a Fluval Flex Sea 32.5 gallon rank
I’ve been slowly adding fish and here’s my stock so far:

2 Gladiator Clownfish
2 Bangaii Cardinals
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Pistol Shrimp
3 Mexican Turbo Snails, 2 Margarita Snails, 2 Trochus Snails, 2 Nassarius Snails, 2 Nerite Snails, 3 Emerald Crabs

I really like the look of the Starry Blenny and the Royal Gramma.
Any issues adding one of these or both? Or am I fully stocked? Any other alternatives? I need something that will swim in the middle area and provide a bit more colour.

no corals so far- will do that next year.

Here’s a pic of the tank.

0EE9CE07-C7CE-4C42-9036-8DBC0587D963.jpeg

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rid of 2-3 of those emerald crabs. 3 is way to many for a 32. I personally wouldn’t have any. They’ll go after snails and fish when they get big. They also are 50-50 on eating coral:

also you cuc is understaffed. I have probably 50 snails in my 32. Most of them are ceriths but I have maybe 10 nassarius and around 7 trochus. Those turbos are going to starve if they are big. I tried that in my 32 and they ate everything so fast there was basically no food for any of the cuc. I’d remove them too. Especially with the emeralds in there, they’ll eat everything so fast eventually they’ll starve.

OP
OP
darrow0903

darrow0903

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rid of 2-3 of those emerald crabs. 3 is way to many for a 32. I personally wouldn’t have any. They’ll go after snails and fish when they get big. They also are 50-50 on eating coral:

also you cuc is understaffed. I have probably 50 snails in my 32. Most of them are ceriths but I have maybe 10 nassarius and around 7 trochus. Those turbos are going to starve if they are big. I tried that in my 32 and they ate everything so fast there was basically no food for any of the cuc. I’d remove them too. Especially with the emeralds in there, they’ll eat everything so fast eventually they’ll starve.
Thanks for this insight: I didn’t know about the emerald crabs! They’re small right now but yea I’ll keep that in mind.
the turbo snails I got are hugeeee. I’ll re-consider them as well. thank you!
Here’s a vid of one of them aha

Attachments

• IMG_4004.MOV
    20.5 MB

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just curious as to why to skip the Starry Blenny? Thanks!
The longevity isn't always as good as you'd hope for in smaller systems. Plus there are more colorful and personable varieties.

OPL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Royal Gramma should do fine providing there is a cave/crevice it can call home and rock layout permits it to establish a territory.

They tend not to be the most lively of fish. Fascinating to watch when they come out of their cave/crevice or "barks" when other fish get too close. Mine has been in my tank for around 6 months, rarely bothers with any of my fish and shows no interest in any of my corals. It does seem to hate my hermit crabs though :rolleyes:

Too many Emerald Crabs in my opinion, personally i would replace them with some hermit crabs.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The starry blennies need lots of algae to feed on and this usually means a nice mature larger system. It is just part of the diet that cannot be substituted by feedings.

Whatever you decide, know that any fish added after your clowns begin to spawn will probably be killed. So, do it in the first year.

Turbo snails are great at eating algae, but starve fast if not any around. Just be aware of this in case one dies. They are larger too and will muck up a bit in a smaller system. Just FYI

With your sandbed, get some cerith snails. They are great for sandbed, rock and walls. Some nassarius too once it is a bit more mature. Conch would be goo on there too. Such cool critters.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back