320g of emptyness

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got one heck of a collection. got picture of the RR oblivion. from my tank my RR oblivion look nicer than my RR avengers, I think it got more colors. it a must have stick. very beautiful collection Jduck

OP
OP
J

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oblivion is sitting next to a colony of PC rainbow in qt. Definitely not as pretty, will color up once it gets under more light.

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive collection! Very nice looking system :)

...would love to buy some frags sometime...cough...cough...

Awesome job though!!

OP
OP
J

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to find someplace local to build it for me. Was only able to get a quote from IPI and they were too expensive. Tried several emails to Bashsea and no response. So I ended up ordering from Advanced Acrylics. It won't be here for another 8 weeks though.
Took advantage of the 10% off Neptune Black Friday weekend sale. Picked up an AWM. Had to upgrade Apex firmware to 4.30. Was able to get all 8 AI Vega's attached. You can program the ramp on all 6 LED colors at one time so it only uses a total of 3 profiles. Ramp Up , Daylight, Ramp Down. Which is much easier than with the AI SOL where you had to have 3 profiles for each LED color. Did have an issue with the AWM not communicating to all the fixtures after everything was programed. Ended moving it to a different EB8 2 feet away and then they all worked just fine.

Still on the hunt for a MARS system to use for broodstock. Otherwise I will just build a rack and use 10g tanks from petco, the next time they have $1 gal sale.

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you are doing some major upgrades. Sump design looks awesome, and great job at planning what you want to do with the space you have. I see way to many people who just start throwing a system together without any thought to the overall design and use of space who then regret it later as they wish they would have done this or that, but it is too hard to move anything once it is all done. Keep the updates coming.

Great looking system and awesome collection of corals as well. May have to make it up there to buy some frags off of you sometime.

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the losses. Always stinks when little things cause such big problems. Hopefully everything else holds strong and you don't lose anything else.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back