36" T5s over 48" tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlazinNano
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
1,489
Location
AltamonteSprings, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad idea or not? I have a 36" Tek Light and I am getting a 48" Oceanic 75 gallon tank. Would this work for a while till one day upgrading the light?
 
Actually that's my preference. I ran 6 36" T5s over my 120g for awhile and much preferred it over the 48" T5s I had on it before.
 
Won't be a problem at all. As mentioned above, you'll still get light at the end, it just wont be as intense. Great for those lower light specimens
 
should be a nice effect actually. problem with T5's is that they provide the same light everywhere in your tank so you dont get that dramatic effect you get with halides. You'll have some nice low light areas on the side which should provide a nice effect.
 
I actually use a 4 foot light over my 6 foot tank

I like the look and if gives lower light areas for corals that like less light
 
I was wondering this as well. Anybody have any pics of a setup like this?

Like this

New_FTS.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new