3A & 3B the same formula - Other & Triton?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself, because of leaky cartons, short of a carton of 3B right now. UPS pulled it out of the leaky shipment. I do have some leftover Other methods 3A & 3B. Its my understanding that these are the same formulas for both methods.

Can someone please confirm this for me??

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you can safely combine 3A & 3B, but I've never heard they were the same. I just assumed they contained different trace elements. Curious to hear the official answer.

EDIT. The stuff I ordered last month also leaked, so I feel your pain. It really sucks.

OP
OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you can safely combine 3A & 3B, but I've never heard they were the same. I just assumed they contained different trace elements. Curious to hear the official answer.

EDIT. The stuff I ordered last month also leaked, so I feel your pain. It really sucks.
Official answer from Tim on the Triton FB group, Yes they are the same, only Core 7 1 has a different formulation. Good to know!

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only Core 7 1 has a different formulation

?? Don't understand. You mean the original Triton formula had 3a / 3b different or only bottle 1 is different. Because I don't think bottle 2, 3a, and 3b are identical.

EDIT: Duh, the topic is identical between Other Methods + Regular. Obviously each model has different composition even thou the two alkalinity pieces 3a/3b can be combined.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
?? Don't understand. You mean the original Triton formula had 3a / 3b different or only bottle 1 is different. Because I don't think bottle 2, 3a, and 3b are identical.

Quoting Tim Caldwell “Yes Number 1 is different”

I recall an earlier discussion on this now.
2, 3A and 3B are in fact identical in Triton and Other methods. 1 has the additional macro growth goodies.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back