3D printed builds - lets inspire others

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ender 3 printer goes for $182 on ebay. more expensive on amazon prime due to easy return.
If cost is a concern, wait for eBay 15% off sale. they just had one yesterday, and usually occurs once a month, it applies to anything in your cart, so add a spool or two of filament while you can get the discount. So that $182 will become $155. That's how I got my ender 3.
you then shop around for filament. availability and price range varies, but one spool can go a long way once you get the hang of printing.
so you can get your feet wet for under $200. Us reefers blow away more money on more useless stuff than a 3D printer. So I say anyone can get into this.

difficulty? if your skill level is higher than plugging in an outlet and can follow instructions, then you can do it. :)
Maybe Santa could bring me one this year. Is everything computer based I assume and how difficult is that part to learn?

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Santa could bring me one this year. Is everything computer based I assume and how difficult is that part to learn?

if you know how to search, watch and follow instructions on youtube, then you can do it.
that's the nice thing with ender3 3, there are tons of info and help on how to use it.

try searching youtube. and see if you can follow.
even assembling ender3 has lots of youtube video.
the printed instructions makes complete sense after you watch a youtube video or two.

of course it goes without saying start simple then progress to more complex objects. don't try to make one that requires a mechanical engineering degree as your first project.

Last edited:

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you know how to search, watch and follow instructions on youtube, then you can do it.
that's the nice thing with ender3 3, there are tons of info and help on how to use it.

try searching youtube. and see if you can follow.
even assembling ender3 has lots of youtube video.
the printed instructions makes complete sense after you watch a youtube video or two.

of course it goes without saying start simple then progress to more complex objects. don't try to make one that requires a mechanical engineering degree as your first project.
Will do, seems to be a pretty awesome group here on R2R

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here produce the mandarin feeder that I have heard about?? Meant for feeding live BBS

@drcole - If you PM me an email address, I'll send the files to you.

Edit; Oops... just noticed you are inquiring about production and are not a developer/printer yet.
I am pretty sure @dantimdad can help you out as I shared the feeder files with him.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So great news over all on this. I just got off the phone with my business partner and we are going to say "screw it" and just upload all the files as we complete them. Once they are up, i will share the link. So we already have everything posted for the Curve 7, we will share our power supply brackets and legs in the next 48 hours. The ones above this post look great so this way you all will have options. More to follow and thank you dantimdad for the challenge. I stand by my previous points but love both the R2R community and the principals the printing community is founded on. So we decided to take the risk and share for others to hopefully enjoy.

Don't blame me! LOL! Seriously, I am glad you are going this route.

I appreciate the Curve 7 stuff you posted.

I will get mine posted soon. I saw that you followed me there. Thanks!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here produce the mandarin feeder that I have heard about?? Meant for feeding live BBS

I believe the files are in the public domain now. I can't find them again though.

Contact anyone with a 3d printer and ask them to print them. Not sure how much they will ask. But it doesn't hurt.

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@drcole - If you PM me an email address, I'll send the files to you.

Edit; Oops... just noticed you are inquiring about production and are not a developer/printer yet.
I am pretty sure @dantimdad can help you out as I shared the feeder files with him.
No printer... yet! It is something very interesting so maybe one day I will have one to tinker woth

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't blame me! LOL! Seriously, I am glad you are going this route.

I appreciate the Curve 7 stuff you posted.

I will get mine posted soon. I saw that you followed me there. Thanks!
You are getting the full blame/credit for this one [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

I think it's the right move and we will see. Hope people play nice with it.

Glad you found it useful and you are welcome

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Santa could bring me one this year.

No printer... yet! It is something very interesting so maybe one day I will have one to tinker woth

sellers know people buy them in Nov-Jan time so they jack up the price. really jack up the price.
I highly doubt Santa will actually deliver one to you for free.
Anytime outside of those months is probably ok to buy.
price for these seem to go up over time.

Miguel Medina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alimentador para Synchiropus?

Dibujo.JPG

Last edited:

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sellers know people buy them in Nov-Jan time so they jack up the price. really jack up the price.
I highly doubt Santa will actually deliver one to you for free.
Anytime outside of those months is probably ok to buy.
price for these seem to go up over time.
Well I do have a birthday in July, maybe I could shoot for that!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used 4 different ones now.

I would say plug and play ready and easy to use would be the dremel. But it's stupid expensive when the prusa is so much better.

If you are really wanting to learn, get an ender 3. Do yourself a favor get the creality. I have the sainsmart and creality and there is a difference.

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the most user friendly/sipmplist printer to use in your guys experience?
So many options that carry so greatly by price point and assembly time. The prusa I3 assembled would get you going quick with little knowledge, but you will be in a point of learning when it's time to upgrade or replace something. The creality proS is amazing and offers great features for the price, but some assembly required. Other models have options from cheap and heavily assembly to not cheap at all but learning curve takes time later.

Creality or Prusa gets my vote hands down. We have both and will be buying more Prusas later.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back