• Yet to purchase.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just a Creality Ender 3. I've only had it for about 2 years and I honestly don't use it much but I love having the ability to make something when needed, especially things that you can't normally buy. I've considered upgrading to a nicer printer but overall for the price it seems to be a really good value.

No need to replace it. Just tune it and do a few cheap upgrades. I have 5 printers now. 3 are enders and they are the go to. I am actually selling the other two so I can buy more enders.

You can get really good quality with an Ender.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to replace it. Just tune it and do a few cheap upgrades. I have 5 printers now. 3 are enders and they are the go to. I am actually selling the other two so I can buy more enders.

You can get really good quality with an Ender.
Ive been very happy with the print quality that I get from my ender 3, but I do wish it had a nicer user interface, maybe a color touch screen, and hooked up to my network so I don't have to move a memory card back and forth. But for the cost of the ender 3 you can't have everything, and for being a basic low end 3d printer it is amazing. I probably wouldn't upgrade anyway because I don't use it enough to justify the cost of a more expensive printer (I think I've used 3 spools of filament in 2 years).
As for upgrades are there any that you would highly reccomend? I've looked at the BL touch but haven't done it yet.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been very happy with the print quality that I get from my ender 3, but I do wish it had a nicer user interface, maybe a color touch screen, and hooked up to my network so I don't have to move a memory card back and forth. But for the cost of the ender 3 you can't have everything, and for being a basic low end 3d printer it is amazing. I probably wouldn't upgrade anyway because I don't use it enough to justify the cost of a more expensive printer (I think I've used 3 spools of filament in 2 years).
As for upgrades are there any that you would highly reccomend? I've looked at the BL touch but haven't done it yet.

I manually level on the fly so the BL holds no interest to me.

I cannot speak highly enough of a silent board. I have two with the newest 4.2 and one with an older 1.1.5 board and they make a huge difference. Not just in noise but in salmon skin and other print quality issues. That being said, if you want BL touch, the 4.2 and above have the ability built in.

Another thing to consider is polycarbonate wheels. They make a difference in any tiny layer shifts you may get and smoothness.

Last but not least is make sure you keep your belts tight and your z axis lubricated. Tuning can make a huge difference.

If you have any questions or need help, feel free to message me. I have built over a dozen enders for friends and family so I have a good working knowledge of them.

***EDIT*** I forgot! I don't even assemble a new printer without putting on a metal extruder arm/gear setup. The plastic ones are junk.

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone make replacement parts? I need an overflow lid for a used Cadlights 100? It is the trapezoidal overflow shape. I guess they have gone out of business cause the virus.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone make replacement parts? I need an overflow lid for a used Cadlights 100? It is the trapezoidal overflow shape. I guess they have gone out of business cause the virus.
IF you have the original and it's just broken it's easy enough to reverse engineer and print. Otherwise, I would have to have access to the tank.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back