3D Printing thread

PiggyPuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Just got myself a CR10S. Was fed up with the poor design, quality and price of simple accessories like sensor holders. The GHL ones are useless.

chrishet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Experiment 1 Complete - 100% infill components sinks, PETG anyway....cool! This is going to take a while to print...will post back after my frag rack is finished.
Here is my completed frag rack. I think it turned out pretty good. The weight at the bottom the rack helps a lot. I used superglue on the joints, that doesn't look that great....

frag_rack2.jpg

Here is my AIO Coral QT with it installed
AIO_QT.jpg

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my completed frag rack. I think it turned out pretty good. The weight at the bottom the rack helps a lot. I used superglue on the joints, that doesn't look that great....

frag_rack2.jpg

Here is my AIO Coral QT with it installed
AIO_QT.jpg

That looks pretty cool! I might have to make me something similar.

Shoob1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have anyone of you made any media basket type things for sumps without filter socks? I'm looking for something similar to redseas setup that can use filter media

chrishet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MJ1200 Vacuum Nozzle. Over on Thingiverse there is a customizable vacuum nozzle tool.. I used it to make a few nozzles for a MJ1200 pump for cleaning my barebottom tank....I posted the STL's on Thingiverse if anyone is interested....or just download the tool and make your own. My first Thingi! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3421806

mj1200 nozzles.jpg

mj1200_1_stl.jpg

mj1200_2_stl.jpg

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MJ1200 Vacuum Nozzle. Over on Thingiverse there is a customizable vacuum nozzle tool.. I used it to make a few nozzles for a MJ1200 pump for cleaning my barebottom tank....I posted the STL's on Thingiverse if anyone is interested....or just download the tool and make your own. My first Thingi! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3421806

mj1200 nozzles.jpg

mj1200_1_stl.jpg

mj1200_2_stl.jpg
Very cool :)

I've been meaning to do this for ages and then seeing the vivid one come out reminded me about it. I've recently fixed my heat bed so I can print in PETG again. Might have to print one out soon

chrishet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool :)

I've been meaning to do this for ages and then seeing the vivid one come out reminded me about it. I've recently fixed my heat bed so I can print in PETG again. Might have to print one out soon
I just started posting to Thingiverse. I think I’ll start a collection of all my brackets and stuff for all. Who is vivid? Vivid Aquariums?

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started posting to Thingiverse. I think I’ll start a collection of all my brackets and stuff for all. Who is vivid? Vivid Aquariums?
I use thingiverse a lot. I have uploaded a couple of designs, but I usually use it for inspo and then try to model what I want my self and just base the designs off of what I see on thingi. I have found my Fusion 360 skills have been getting quite decent with practice :)

And by Vivid I mean Vivid Creative Aquatics. They sell a few 3D printed items for aquariums such as a random flow nozzle and an MJ vacuum attachment :) It's certainly not a new idea and I've seen a few DIY variations of it using PVC and a heat gun etc. but they released a 3D printed one a month or so ago and it reminded me that I have been wanting to print something similar.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/turn-a-spare-mj1200-pump-into-a-detritus-vacuum.525305/

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good idea. Too bad my tank is 30" deep on a 36" stand. Lol.

I'm waiting for some machine time to print a funnel that hangs on the side of the tank. I'm tired of making a mess when I pull chaeto out of my fuge.

dburg30

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the test kit trays I saw.. I would love to have a few other choices for some red sea and salifert.. Heck maybe even a couple other hanna ones. I just dont know the first thing about designing them.. Love my creality CR10s and need to get my monoprice mini going again..

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messed with Ender 3 for weeks trying to get it right. Making every mod I was told to. I kept being told it was user error.

I finally removed every mod except the fan shroud, better Bowden tub and connectors and the sd extension cable.

Turned out, it was none of that. It was buying filament that was crap even though it was average priced and not setting my extrusion properly.

Now, I don't even use anything on the glass bed to get layer adhesion.

I am going to ad the EZABL (should be here today) because the main weakness of this printer to me is sensitivity to using cheap filament (switched to HQA PLA+ an PETG) and constantly having to level the bed.

I will also add dampers after I am sure the bed leveling works properly for week or so. Because I can finally leave it running over night and don't want the noise. :)

chrishet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messed with Ender 3 for weeks trying to get it right. Making every mod I was told to. I kept being told it was user error.

I finally removed every mod except the fan shroud, better Bowden tub and connectors and the sd extension cable.

Turned out, it was none of that. It was buying filament that was crap even though it was average priced and not setting my extrusion properly.

Now, I don't even use anything on the glass bed to get layer adhesion.

I am going to ad the EZABL (should be here today) because the main weakness of this printer to me is sensitivity to using cheap filament (switched to HQA PLA+ an PETG) and constantly having to level the bed.

I will also add dampers after I am sure the bed leveling works properly for week or so. Because I can finally leave it running over night and don't want the noise. :)

Dampers are awesome and really quiet the machine down a lot. I also upgraded the extruder and hot end (Microswiss). I find the Microswiss hot end needs more temp but once you dial it in is much smoother and no clogs. I have the ABL and it’s ok but IMO you need to adjust the Z Step for each new print...not a biggie, just my experience.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost wishing I hadn't ordered it now. This thing is printing so nice, and I have gotten good at leveling on the fly. But, they don't allow returns so...

I am waiting on the pulleys with grub screws to arrive. Mine didn't have them so I can't put in the dampers until I swap pulleys.

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The induction sensors are nice for abl but they are sensitive to temp and humidity changes. Swap materials and you have to adjust your z offset.

I just installed an e3d v6 on one of the ender 3 and I have to get to the firmware to adjust the power settings to the v6, it heats up way too fast even for PID tuning.

No bootloader, I'm going to spend a day this week using an RPi to upload a bootloader and change the firmware. Least favorite part about printers is changing firmware

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The induction sensors are nice for abl but they are sensitive to temp and humidity changes. Swap materials and you have to adjust your z offset.

I just installed an e3d v6 on one of the ender 3 and I have to get to the firmware to adjust the power settings to the v6, it heats up way too fast even for PID tuning.

No bootloader, I'm going to spend a day this week using an RPi to upload a bootloader and change the firmware. Least favorite part about printers is changing firmware

My EZABLE kit comes with rigid bed mounts and the stuff to do a bootload and firmware flash. Not looking forward to that part.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back