3D Printing thread

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I printed a couple flow accelerators at work!

So far I'm pretty happy with them.

IMG_2843.jpeg
IMG_2792.jpeg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got into printing, I was sure I was going to print all the things in ABS. In reality, I haven't found a need to actually even try ABS yet. I *really* recommend PETG for things where you thought you wanted ABS. I've made PETG test parts, and then left them outside in Arizona sun on a black steel surface and they haven't warped at all.

Also, just a small pitch here, but watch a bunch of videos about "removing your part from the build plate". I have an AnyCubic, with an Ultrabase. The difference here is that, I don't put any goo or glue or magic plates on my bed, I just gently lift the parts off it like magic. I sometimes watch these videos and am very thankful that I picked the ultrabase.

I ended up with a Prusa MK3 that I found used locally after a couple of tries online, its was missing the selector knob. All the parts files are on the prusa site and it calls for PTEG. Looking at the printer construction thats going to be my goto for material unless its toys or prototype.
the ultra Base sounds like magic.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3d printing screws and Nuts..

What is your best easiest and Fail prof methods.. I have tried a few things that work but I feel as thou i am missing something.

Method one .
Once the part id modeled open the screw separately in CURA and scale it down to .997 -995 of the original side on the y and x axis

Method two..

Inside fusion 360
Model the part as a separate component (this seems most reliable with the female part. Edit the thread feature and set a offset of 1.01 (this is what i have tried and seems to work)

the above is working with a 6mm thread ...

thanks in advance for your thoughts..

So with the above fixed here is my first Aquarium Part print.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3225468

Last edited:

Jlahr16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for someone who is willing to design/print something, willing to pay of course (if this is allowed here?) If not please disregard this.

I am looking for a round light "shade" to slide over my Kessil H80 refugium light to shield/block the light from spreading into other sump compartments. Similar to the shape/style of the anemone guards or of the floating Circle coral viewers but with the clear part of the viewer to sit on top of the kessil (does not have to be fully enclosed on top - to allow the heatsink to do its job as well as access the control knobs). I apologize for having a hard time explaining what I am envisioning.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for someone who is willing to design/print something, willing to pay of course (if this is allowed here?) If not please disregard this.

I am looking for a round light "shade" to slide over my Kessil H80 refugium light to shield/block the light from spreading into other sump compartments. Similar to the shape/style of the anemone guards or of the floating Circle coral viewers but with the clear part of the viewer to sit on top of the kessil (does not have to be fully enclosed on top - to allow the heatsink to do its job as well as access the control knobs). I apologize for having a hard time explaining what I am envisioning.

This would be a simple part.. Can you draw a rough sketch of the shape you want . and would need EXACT dimensions of the light for someone to do this ..

BlakeFL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, I was thinking, if those of us who put models up on thingiverse marked them with the tag "R2R", we could easily search and find the ones from this thread or others. I'll go mark mine with that tag now..

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, I was thinking, if those of us who put models up on thingiverse marked them with the tag "R2R", we could easily search and find the ones from this thread or others. I'll go mark mine with that tag now..
we have a reef- pi tag going there as well.

chrishet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi 3D Reefers. My first post here. and as others have said, we need a 3d printer forum! I have an Ender 3 at the moment. I've printed a ton of stuff for my new 70 gal build, mostly power supply brackets, supports, and misc things - Click Here

I would like to know what others have done to help secure 3D printed items to the bottom of their tanks. I printed a 3 tier frag rack for a QT tank and cannot get it to sink! I even went as far as printing a base part and filled it with E-Marco 400. I wasn't thinking when I started the print that having an infill might be an issue so I am trying a few parts at 100% infill in hopes that would help displace less water - Archimedes and me do not share the same DNA! lol TIA!

chrishet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi 3D Reefers. My first post here. and as others have said, we need a 3d printer forum! I have an Ender 3 at the moment. I've printed a ton of stuff for my new 70 gal build, mostly power supply brackets, supports, and misc things - Click Here

I would like to know what others have done to help secure 3D printed items to the bottom of their tanks. I printed a 3 tier frag rack for a QT tank and cannot get it to sink! I even went as far as printing a base part and filled it with E-Marco 400. I wasn't thinking when I started the print that having an infill might be an issue so I am trying a few parts at 100% infill in hopes that would help displace less water - Archimedes and me do not share the same DNA! lol TIA!

Experiment 1 Complete - 100% infill components sinks, PETG anyway....cool! This is going to take a while to print...will post back after my frag rack is finished.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back