OP
3mm3

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well have not done an update in some time. Tank was doing amazing until we got hammered by back to back storms with 3 day power outages per storm. Everything survived the first with zero issues however the second loss of power was a disaster. Lost most of my sps. Lps seem to be coming back. Clam and fish survived.
To summarize I have decided to move out of this area. The tank will be coming down soon. I will begin looking for a good home for the clam and fish within two weeks and come to a conclusion on the rest.

AquaART

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well have not done an update in some time. Tank was doing amazing until we got hammered by back to back storms with 3 day power outages per storm. Everything survived the first with zero issues however the second loss of power was a disaster. Lost most of my sps. Lps seem to be coming back. Clam and fish survived.
To summarize I have decided to move out of this area. The tank will be coming down soon. I will begin looking for a good home for the clam and fish within two weeks and come to a conclusion on the rest.

Yikes! So sorry about all of the losses. Was the tank the main reason for moving? Wishing you the very best on your move and house hunt.

OP
OP
3mm3

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! So sorry about all of the losses. Was the tank the main reason for moving? Wishing you the very best on your move and house hunt.

Death count came out to 13 different sps frags/mini colonies. 1 of 4 shrimp. 1 colony of zoanthids (oddly I thought they would have been fine) and some grumpy lps.

The tank was just a small piece of everything adding up to deciding to move. So far the house hunt is insane as there is a lack of homes and way too many buyers. I fly out next week to hopefully find a great home.

OP
OP
3mm3

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammer was not happy after repeated power outages throughout March but getting fat again.

IMG_20180507_2200386.jpg

OP
OP
3mm3

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd post a few updates. Tank rebounded pretty well from the epic power outages for the month of March. True I did lose almost all sps but some hardy ones made it and have been growing. Also had a brief moment of cyano but I let it run its course and it only lasted a short time. Not adding any more coral until I make the move and restart the system.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back