Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you get?????

tiny lister friday movie GIF
Well, the biggest and only clue you’ll get is;
Everyone says it will take over the tank and I have tried it in the past with 2 frags. One frag died and the other died because it got shaded but I don’t believe I said about that frag dying.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the biggest and only clue you’ll get is;
Everyone says it will take over the tank and I have tried it in the past with 2 frags. One frag died and the other died because it got shaded but I don’t believe I said about that frag dying.
Pulsing Xenia or GSP????

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulsing Xenia or GSP????
Spot on!
I got a beautiful rock of GSP. But not just any GSP, it’s possibly the brightest rock of GSP I’ve seen over here.
It’s similar to this photo and I hope I can get this exact look in my higher flow mixed reef.
19BA0512-1B35-4D1F-80E5-B94EDF167AE5.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spot on!
I got a beautiful rock of GSP. But not just any GSP, it’s possibly the brightest rock of GSP I’ve seen over here.
It’s similar to this photo and I hope I can get this exact look in my higher flow mixed reef.
19BA0512-1B35-4D1F-80E5-B94EDF167AE5.jpeg
I have gsp in all my tanks.

180 is on back glass and overflow. Plus one rock island behind main structure.

resetup 7’ acrylic tank has 5 rocks covered. Those rocks are all different strains. One is super neon bright.

I love the stuff. It is also easy to maintain. Just requires you maintain it lol. Ignore it and it will grow over things. Maintain it and it won’t.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are 3 types I had in the biocube. This tank was all “pest corals” lol. All rocks are now in the new/old nem tank.

Crap pic lol.
3C2BFECE-40FC-4896-8ED0-CE80311C741A.jpeg
I’m sure I’ve seen photos of this tank previously but I couldn’t remember who owned it!
It’s a beautiful tank to see and just shows that even if its trash to you, it’s another man’s gold mine!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure I’ve seen photos of this tank previously but I couldn’t remember who owned it!
It’s a beautiful tank to see and just shows that even if its trash to you, it’s another man’s gold mine!
I like the “hated” things. Plus, that tank was super easy. Just feed the fish and do a 10% water change a month. Nothing else and it did perfect. Was in the entryway to the house and always caught everyone’s eye. Now these were people who had no idea that you could keep this stuff at home, but prepped them for the 180 in the next room over lol.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the “hated” things. Plus, that tank was super easy. Just feed the fish and do a 10% water change a month. Nothing else and it did perfect. Was in the entryway to the house and always caught everyone’s eye. Now these were people who had no idea that you could keep this stuff at home, but prepped them for the 180 in the next room over lol.
I love the things people hate too, although some of those things aren’t suitable for my tank (I already have expensive fish, I don’t need their prices to double) such as Zoanthids. I love leathers for their ease of care as well, although sometimes they aren’t easy - I do have to run Carbon. Obviously I don’t just love them because they’re easy, each one adds something different to the tank and all of them help to bridge into the next ‘tier’ of coral - Leathers help me to fade into LPS and certain LPS help to fade into SPS.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the things people hate too, although some of those things aren’t suitable for my tank (I already have expensive fish, I don’t need their prices to double) such as Zoanthids. I love leathers for their ease of care as well, although sometimes they aren’t easy - I do have to run Carbon. Obviously I don’t just love them because they’re easy, each one adds something different to the tank and all of them help to bridge into the next ‘tier’ of coral - Leathers help me to fade into LPS and certain LPS help to fade into SPS.
That last part is spot on.

As for zoanthids, I love them. I do collect my own, so not like they are super expensive types, but they are pretty. I do have some expensive ones, but acquired by trades or friends giving me a frag.

As for leathers, I only have 3 now and 2 are pop ups where I removed one lol. One of those is 18”x10” though and may need to be moved out of the 180. Thinking out a small frag of it in a new spot and moving the biggie to the 7’ tank. Poor guy is behind all the rocks, can’t expand all the way, but does polyp out 100%. I just feel bad for it lol.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the dirty water, I kicked up detritus whilst dealing with corals (several had fallen over). But, the GSP is in! Hopefully it encrusts nicely over the barnacles :)
image.jpg

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m the opposite my tanks must run silent or it drives me crazy. But I have 3 tanks in the same room so it sounds like chaos if they’re all making noise.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that constant water sound, like a fountain, quite relaxing. My tank is not dead silent either.
I don’t :face-with-tears-of-joy: I find it annoying lol. Especially because since my dog sleeps downstairs I feel bad because you can hear the water more pronounced. I make sure that the sump water is at a height where it doesn’t have the skimmer go haywire but it slips down a piece of glass at an angle to keep the sound to the minimum. But when it’s time for water change and/or a few days before the water is lower so it fall louder. Now what I HATE is the overflow water through the pipes noise especially when it needs to be adjusted. It drives me insane!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the water usually trickle that loud?
Unfortunately it does, I personally find it relaxing and once you’ve been round the tank so much it becomes something you get used to.
The noise you can hear is the overflow dripping down - my friends all worry when they hear it and I just sit there relaxing haha.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it does, I personally find it relaxing and once you’ve been round the tank so much it becomes something you get used to.
The noise you can hear is the overflow dripping down - my friends all worry when they hear it and I just sit there relaxing haha.
I’ve had this tank for over a year and I’m still not used to it lol. When friends and family are over and they check out the tank or sit near it they tend to point out its making some noise which annoys me even more since I need to now adjust it :rolleyes: lol

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this tank for over a year and I’m still not used to it lol. When friends and family are over and they check out the tank or sit near it they tend to point out its making some noise which annoys me even more since I need to now adjust it :rolleyes: lol

I think a new wrasse will help you chill.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back