4 dips and white mites still on torch!!!

Gavin Noy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone in the UK managed to find a dip to kill the tiny white mites on torch corals? They are driving me absolutely insane. My torch will not open fully because of the irritation from the mites. Done 4 dips, 2 with RX and 2 with revive. Even used 50% higher concentrations with longer dip times.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would you post a photo of the mites that you are seeing? Can be a stock online photo if you are unable to obtain your own photo.

OP
OP
G

Gavin Noy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would you post a photo of the mites that you are seeing? Can be a stock online photo if you are unable to obtain your own photo.
I will but they are so small. Tiny pin head dots, pure white and move quite fast. I believe i have seen one brown one too. This is off google. Look similar
1698409430401.jpeg

OP
OP
G

Gavin Noy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an actual photo. Thank you for your time it’s greatly appreciated im new to the hobby.

Attachments

• IMG_9459.jpeg
    IMG_9459.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9460.jpeg
    IMG_9460.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 31

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an actual photo. Thank you for your time it’s greatly appreciated im new to the hobby.

They certainly looking like the same small white specs. If they are clearly bugs moving around and not sand particles sticking to the coral's tentacles then I would attempt the interceptor treatment if that medication is available to you.

OP
OP
G

Gavin Noy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They certainly looking like the same small white specs. If they are clearly bugs moving around and not sand particles sticking to the coral's tentacles then I would attempt the interceptor treatment if that medication is available to you.
No it isn’t unfortunately thats why i asked for UK help in my initial post because i cant get interceptor. I cant belive that this isnt such a wide spread issue. Its just my luck this is. I thought 4 dips in 2 weeks they wouldnt stand a chance. One of the dips were so strong i thought looking at my torch it were 100% dead. As soon as it opened i could see them. Its stressed me out all week. Half tempted to bin it. Just cant bring myself to kill something.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are surviving pest dips, it likely won't work but you may have nothing to lose, I'd try a hydrogen peroxide dip.

OP
OP
G

Gavin Noy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back