4 new Radion X15 G5 or 4 Kessil 360X?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have all Kessil over my 90g, two AP700’s and one 360x (in the center). I had two T5 bulbs (blue+) on the sides, but wanted all LED, so I replaced the T5’s with Orphek OR2 blue plus bars and absolutely love the combo. They’re a deeper blue, but the UV diodes provide a ton of pop. My long term plan was to replace the 700’s with 360x’s, but I’m intrigued with the new ap9x, so I’m going to wait and see what the new reflectors can do? I’m going wall to wall sps, so I’ll have six 360x’s (or combo of 360x’s and ap9x’s) with my Orphek bars wrapping the sides (currently have three bars, but will add another eventually). Anyone saying Kessil can’t grow sps has never used them properly. Wether it be Radions or Kessils, you’ll need more than what you think with sps. To the OP, double the lights (either more 360x’s or xr15’s) and you’ll be covered. Each of those lights I just listed will cover an 18” x 18” area for sps, so that should give you a footprint to start with. If you want to stay with just the four 360x’s, then either add 4 T5 bulbs or get some Orphek bars (I prefer the latter).
For reference, my 90g is 36x36x16
Just food for thought, happy reefing!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back