OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I played with it for about a hour its aligned, just very loud after 65% can imagine the fish don't like the noise.
Wanted to run short burst like 3 sec at 80% but its annoying loud.
Also i noticed that all my z's and p's are moving all over but the sps polyps are standing still, where should i place it? atm its on the right side middle about 6" under water

Last edited:

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We tried to tell ya get the tunzes and a controller haha. Ur placement sounds fine try spinning the wetside and see if that helps the noise. Ur sps polyps should be moving well

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We tried to tell ya get the tunzes and a controller haha. Ur placement sounds fine try spinning the wetside and see if that helps the noise. Ur sps polyps should be moving well

Ya kinda lol. You said get a apex jr and the tunzes cause the rkl wouldn't do wave's lol and I only had 250$ for the upgrade, seen all the rave about a mp10 and bought it from petco online. In 2 days ill know the verdict, I have the next 2 days off to tinker. If not i can return it to the petco 1/2 mile from my house :D
tried that lol tryed moving it up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also on way home from chengs with another bag of goodies, will post scrappy cell phone pics soon :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got these and some polyps

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Attachments

• 1363154545763.jpg
    1363154545763.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 1363154564653.jpg
    1363154564653.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 1363154589405.jpg
    1363154589405.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 177
OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my api test kits and there wayyy off It says my alk is 19 and my calcium is higher than it reads lol took water to critter they said it was fine but salinity was a little high.. stupid hydrometer. Got salinity to what I think is 1.024 lol <- once again stupid hydrometer.

And my bulb came in this morning, color is aloot better compared to the hamilton 14k. Intensity also maybe needs to break in?

AirAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Critter drills holes in tanks. I think they charge $20 a hole. Probably more than than buying a kit, but still cheaper than Dickerson Rd. :smile:
If you want to drill it while the tank is full it's going to be tricky keeping the bit cool. Definitely take an extra set of hands. Keep in mind that there is still a possiblity of tank failure when drilling.
I will be happy to help you when you get the stuff. Just LMK

Last edited:

saratj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$20 is pretty reasonable for a hole drilled, you can't really get the diamond hole saw bit for that, at lowes they are around $38 for a 1 1/2 diamond hole saw, online they are cheaper. I drilled my own, bought an overflow kit on eBay with the overflow box, hole saw bit, bulkheads and a couple pvc pieces for around $50.
The only thing I messed up on was I should have done my return different, I drilled the same size hole for my return and at about the same depth as my drains, I wish I would have drilled it smaller and higher up. Because now I have reducers on the return and they are not sealed completely and if my pump was to cut off my sump will overflow as my tank will drain through the return line.

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I am going to buy a glass-holes.com 700gph overflow box, it comes with the hole saw already but I don't feel comfortable drilling it myself.

It also has to be drilled full, because emptying it and getting my scape how I have it will be near to impossible.

First thing is first, getting the sump baffled made and put in place.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not drill with stuff in it. There will be lots of glass shards and dust and it.makes keeping it cool almost impossible since once u start drilling you shouldnt stop till its done. I just dont see this going well.

AirAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, if it were me I would empty it b4 drilling. If it does fail then you have everything out of harms way. Drill it full and it breaks, you'll be picking up glass, critters, sand, and water off the floor.
Not sure how much silicia and shards will enter the tank if drilling from the outside and if it would even harm anything . It should be a nearly perfect and clean hole if drilled slowly. Use a spray bottle to keep it cool while drilling if upright. Build a moat out of plumbers putty if drilling it on its side.
Like I said be glad to help drill it when your ready. Its really not that difficult but I understand the apprehension.
You probably wont have any trouble but just to be safe have funds for another tank available or a back up plan.

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went against drilling and ordered a eshopps 800 gph overflow kit, a better return pump and a u tube directional return.

Soooooooon :D

AirAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pics!

IMAG0603.jpg <-- any idea what this is?
IMAG0274.jpg IMAG0268.jpg IMAG0264.jpg IMAG0262.jpg

I like your rockscape. No wonder you didnt want to disturb it. I fooled with mine a couple weeks ago and its still messed up to my eyes.
I originally posted this asking what that first pic was then I saw your question. lol

Last edited:

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your rockscape. No wonder you didnt want to disturb it. I fooled with mine a couple weeks ago and its still messed up to my eyes.
I originally posted this asking what that first pic was then I saw your question. lol
Omg yes I do also, I messed with it for hours..That is gonna be one thing I am not disturbing in the move, my plan is to pick tank up move stand put other stand in same place fill back up. I am going to drain it most the way down.

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i have 5 in my 180 and never lost any. but i know many many stories of i bought 5 chromis and now i have 1 lol
Oh ya, through the green haze 2 times in a month i have 2 left....
Moar pics
IMAG0607.jpg
IMAG0610.jpg

Last edited:

JasonM38401

Jason Martin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya kinda lol. You said get a apex jr and the tunzes cause the rkl wouldn't do wave's lol and I only had 250$ for the upgrade, seen all the rave about a mp10 and bought it from petco online. In 2 days ill know the verdict, I have the next 2 days off to tinker. If not i can return it to the petco 1/2 mile from my house :D
tried that lol tryed moving it up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right

I was reading the post got to the "up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right" had a contra flash back...lol up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right A,B, select, start.

Jason Martin

Back