OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo how do I stop the rest of the lime green acro from dying?
What should I do?
I have limited knowledge on sps and all but the mariculterd ones I bought are doing great.

Google is my best friend but there are 309572973249576 differnt answers and id like to hear from some of the old saltys on here
Help please :(

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip them can help sometimes . But depends on the real problem. And usualy once an acro starts to stn its gone. U can try to superglue the coral at the spots where its stn to try stop but mostly people just frag the good parts off and that can sometimes at least save some of the coral

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip them can help sometimes . But depends on the real problem. And usualy once an acro starts to stn its gone. U can try to superglue the coral at the spots where its stn to try stop but mostly people just frag the good parts off and that can sometimes at least save some of the coral
Ty, is this the only way to save any of it?
What would i dip it in?
If I let it be will it just all slowly die?
The problem I think is my alk is 12 and my calcium is 500 and nothing I do lowers it.
Also note I don't dose anything at all ph is 8.2 nitrate is 0 amonia is 0 nitrite is 0 phos is 0 at least thats by aquatic critters tests. On my tests all I have is calcuim alk and ph so far my ph on my test is 8.2 also
I have about 30 lbs of sand 50 lbs of rock, skimmer,return pump, uv steralizer, and i am taking back the mp 10 tommorow as it started yesterday making this whiny noise and it just has to go for 235$ imo it should be totally silent and well just plain be better I would pay 100$ tops for it.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try bayer or coral rx. Ive actually had good results dipping stn corals n bayer All my acros was stn about 2 months ago and i dipped in bayer and non died and now all are coloring fine. But my problem was aefw and red bugs. Which u might have if u dont dip and inspect ur corals. But as far as i know no other options out there. Most just say Frag healthy parts which ive done and saved corals before or at least u save a few frags. Sps can be tough sometimes.

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been looking at them regularly Have seen no aefw or bitemarks even use a magnifine glass, althought i did pulll out a spider last night off a acro <-- the acro looks fine thought have not seen another one ty for the advice will be stopping at the critter tommorow to get frag plugs guess ill clip it alot and pray one of the 12 pieces left lives :(

Where do i get the bayer dip? Is it safe for all corals? or only sps?

Anyone have any extra they can spare?

Last edited:
OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my par is WAYYYYYYY LOw like 39 on the sandbed and only 120 where all my acros sit

with the hanna checker my phos is 0 and my alk is 12.99

Need recomendations on a light that is around 300$
Plan on keeping sps on the left group of rock and zoas on the roght group of rocks
led, halide, t5 doesnt matter to me but i only have 300$ tops to spend

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my par is WAYYYYYYY LOw like 39 on the sandbed and only 120 where all my acros sit

with the hanna checker my phos is 0 and my alk is 12.99

Need recomendations on a light that is around 300$
Plan on keeping sps on the left group of rock and zoas on the roght group of rocks
led, halide, t5 doesnt matter to me but i only have 300$ tops to spend

What is phos exactly Should be something like 0.03-0.05 if 0.00 this might be ur acro problem. Pm on light comming. Alk is def to high i dont like going over 9 for acros.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like the par meter after you phill I thank my par is high I got 3 ati bulbs 2 12,000k bulbs and one 10,000k gysmin bulb

Andrew calvo

Holy white tank batman!! Wheres your blues at? And i doubt 3 bulbs is going to be to much. Unless its a really small tank. Whats a gizzman bulb? That sounds gross. :eek:

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i fin allt had time to test it the right way i didnt have the reagents in he first time lol dont ask

Phos is 0.78...... I have no algae in my tank though, tested alk again its still at 12.99 I want it at 9 or 10 how do i lower it?
Done water change and it didn't budge!
I use dollar store di water for everything. What should i do?

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i fin allt had time to test it the right way i didnt have the reagents in he first time lol dont ask

Phos is 0.78...... I have no algae in my tank though, tested alk again its still at 12.99 I want it at 9 or 10 how do i lower it?
Done water change and it didn't budge!
I use dollar store di water for everything. What should i do?

Use a lower alk salt. Phos is to high. Id say these are all your problems with your acros. also get a ro/di unit. The dollar store water probaly has phos and high alk in it causing ur high levels.

OP
OP
solar

solar

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt mixes at 11 alk 480 calcium :confused: I don't dose anything either its regular io salt. I live in a apt so I'm pretty sure a rodi is out the question. It's not all my acros just the one mariculterred one

scooterc268

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt mixes at 11 alk 480 calcium :confused: I don't dose anything either its regular io salt. I live in a apt so I'm pretty sure a rodi is out the question. It's not all my acros just the one mariculterred one

I'm gonna help out. I lived in an apartment and I had my own RO/DI. 1st unit I used the faucet adapter and a booster pump. Then I got an updated apartment with washier in the unit and hooked it up to a two way faucet adapter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 164 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back