40 breeder build

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea thats why i was asking how high it is above his water .. since with using those heatsinks like that u basically create a giant flashlight and they need to be hung like 2ft above ur tank

Exactly what I was thinking also.

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even think about that when readi g the forums bc most were using the u channel with alot of spacing. Right now it's siting on the top of the take with 80 degree optics... I'm going to have to hang it, ideally don't want to try and remove the optics bc I'm scared of damaging LEDs.

Yea, with heatsinks they limit you to that surface to mount them. With the size you used your LEDs are tighter causing the spotlight effect. You will have to raise it up higher.

OP
OP
R

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really hang it from the ceiling but do u think just standard shelving brackets would work its not the heavy, the distance from the wall to the front end fixture is about 22 inch . I'm thinking and L shapes bracke to the wall?

OP
OP
R

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally just need to clean up the wires and I'm satisfied

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328051682.655445.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328051682.655445.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 124
OP
OP
R

Reefer5060

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just checked my levels been cycling since the last bed group buy towards the end of November. I am extremely happy with the build. Ill post more pictures later but what's every ones opinion on my first build . I learned a lot while building this and will keep all that in mind when I go to a bigger tank. I want to thank all of for helping me through put this project ... You are all awesome !!!!

Btw the biology dept had a good 20 min play time with the apex and iPhone turning the lights on and off remotely . It was hilarious . They also liked the ability to monitor and control all variables remotely ....... Brownie points maybe I can get them to buy apexs in bulk lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back