40 for my collage room

Antonias1391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello its been 4 months sence I've posted and alots new. I graduate from mcrd san Diego last month an became a US Marine. I'm finishing up mct and then going to my mos school. Then collage.

For my 40g breeder concept I am planing on going mainly sps with some los thrown in. I am planing on going barebittom . I was thinking a 20g sump with avasts skimmer with the tunze hydrofoamer from my old tank. Brs's dual media reactor. A vortech mp-40es and possibly a mp-10es. Then a 6-8 bulb t5 lighting system. And a RKL to controle everything.

What would the community suggest for bulb combinations? Would 6 or 8 bulbs be better? What brand heaters would be the most reliable? And what would be apropriet turnover from the sump to the tank? Would i need a mp-10 ontop of the mp-40? What would be the best t5 fixture to get ?

Well that's all for now thank very much gents

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with a TEK 6 bulb T5 setup with 3 ATI Aquablue Special and 3 ATI Blue Plus. It gives a nice clean 14K look. As for a pump you will only need a MP10 on there. And flow through the sump should be about 600gph.

OP
OP
Antonias1391

Antonias1391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input the mp-40 is coming from the brokendown 75g

Also I'm reusing the liverock from the 75 were is a good article about making it clean? Should I nuke it or just scrub it really well and let it cycle ?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd nuke it if you've had unwanted algaes or aiptasia. My pick for T5's would be an ATI fixture or at least a fixture with active cooling. The Tek Elites have active cooling. 6 lamps would be plenty I think.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back