40 for my collage room

Antonias1391

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
340
Reaction score
5
Location
Camdenton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello its been 4 months sence I've posted and alots new. I graduate from mcrd san Diego last month an became a US Marine. I'm finishing up mct and then going to my mos school. Then collage.

For my 40g breeder concept I am planing on going mainly sps with some los thrown in. I am planing on going barebittom . I was thinking a 20g sump with avasts skimmer with the tunze hydrofoamer from my old tank. Brs's dual media reactor. A vortech mp-40es and possibly a mp-10es. Then a 6-8 bulb t5 lighting system. And a RKL to controle everything.

What would the community suggest for bulb combinations? Would 6 or 8 bulbs be better? What brand heaters would be the most reliable? And what would be apropriet turnover from the sump to the tank? Would i need a mp-10 ontop of the mp-40? What would be the best t5 fixture to get ?

Well that's all for now thank very much gents

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
I would go with a TEK 6 bulb T5 setup with 3 ATI Aquablue Special and 3 ATI Blue Plus. It gives a nice clean 14K look. As for a pump you will only need a MP10 on there. And flow through the sump should be about 600gph.
 
Thanks for the input the mp-40 is coming from the brokendown 75g

Also I'm reusing the liverock from the 75 were is a good article about making it clean? Should I nuke it or just scrub it really well and let it cycle ?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
 
I'd nuke it if you've had unwanted algaes or aiptasia. My pick for T5's would be an ATI fixture or at least a fixture with active cooling. The Tek Elites have active cooling. 6 lamps would be plenty I think.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new