40 Gallon AIO Acrylic Build

psyduckie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2022
Messages
32
Reaction score
22
Location
Chantilly
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I just got into the hobby. Decided to save some money and build an acrylic
tank.

My tank is 36x24x12 (lwh). I have attached some pics as well. Before I add water and start cycling, I was wondering if anyone has any experience building acrylic tanks. I wanted to know if one brace across the top of my tank is enough to prevent it from bowing. I’ve read stories of acrylic tanks warping.

Please share pics of your build as well. I would love to see it.
9C8AE358-5BE7-4729-8BEB-C1D250DE1134.jpeg
33BCCD89-7DBF-4AF3-9C93-D3EC7F7A488D.jpeg
4F4733A8-3AFC-40F9-81CA-19836993E107.jpeg
 
Last edited:
It looks like it is not going to be full of water to the top. If the panel with many holes is your overflow then looks like only about 8" of water. It might not bow at all. Height is what causes the prob ,not length.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new