40 Gallon Breeder Project

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys!! I plan to update my thread soon.

Cant go wrong with having options with multiple colors/spectrum leds and t5s.

OP
OP
dwilliams87

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I finally won the battle against the bryopsis, I've got to focus more on trying to revive the coral that was very distressed from the outbreak. All the zoas that didn't die are bow looking great and growing polyps. My acans took a very hard got but now are growing heads where they lost them before and are eating again when I feed each one individually. The T5 I added has made the colors begin to start coming back in my acans where they had morphed due to the LED lighting. I'm still having the same issues I always have with growing/keeping alive acros but I think that will get better with more time and trying new things. I have added 6 chromis, 2 of which have already disappeared, but I here that is not uncommon for those fish. The 4 that are left school with my Blue hippo tang and are eating very well. I am feeding a good bit more as well to try to get the nutrients up in the tank as I believe that has been my main problem with my acros. Greg has been kind enough to offer me sacrifices of acros as I try to get this thing figured out. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice with the issues u have been dealing with and happy reefing.

OP
OP
dwilliams87

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That, my friend, is a Red Solo Cup fish trap. When I had a fish in there that I was having trouble removing, we tied a string to the cup and dangled it in there. Then from my couch, when the fish went in the cup, wait for it....wait for it.... "Snatch". Viola, Redneck fish trap!

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That, my friend, is a Red Solo Cup fish trap. When I had a fish in there that I was having trouble removing, we tied a string to the cup and dangled it in there. Then from my couch, when the fish went in the cup, wait for it....wait for it.... "Snatch". Viola, Redneck fish trap!

Get ir dun!

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahahhaha

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This section of the build thread proudly brought to you by....

Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if.... Reefers edition."

OP
OP
dwilliams87

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a few fish today from The Critter. I bought a mandarin, which I can't get a pic of yet, a snowflake clown, and a Picasso clown. The clowns are already swimming together. Really hard to get a good pic, but here's a couple shots at it from the phone.

Attachments

• 1380928265587.jpg
    1380928265587.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 1380928280243.jpg
    1380928280243.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 229
OP
OP
dwilliams87

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really happy with them. They are settling in nicely. The mandarin is coming out at night, but pretty non visible during the day right now.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back