40 Gallon Reef tank

Also just
Dwarf angelfish are a 50/50 chance they will nip at corals so it’s up to you if you want to take that chance. A cool fish is a flame hawk fish only if you don’t have inverts
Also see what’s available like @Jedi1199 said don’t have a list and stick to that just go to your lfs and see what you like do reaserch and it and then buy it
 
If you go with a HOB filter try to get one with surface skimming. The biggest issue with non-drilled tanks is keeping film off the water surface which inhibits gas exchange. If I remember correctly SeaChem makes a line of HOB filters that have surface skimming built in.
 
No tangs will do well in less than a 90, and that’s for the smaller species. Blue needs at least 125-150.
Yellowtail or springer damsel has similar markings to a blue tang.
 
Thanks for all the support on this also was wondering if you guys had any advice on good tanks and filters, equipment etc. I am on a budget would like to spent under $400 on the equipment but wasn't sure where to get the best equipment for the best price.
Honestly I was on a budget too, I bought a fish tank ensemble from pet smart for 130 dollars. Luckily it was 50% (40 gallon),then I bought a hang on filter for 32 dollars(top-fin) of course I got an air pump and had to buy more powerful light for my reef tank. The expensive part wasn't the equipment it was actually the live rock, I think I spent over 200 dollars alone on live rock. I have had 0 problems with this cheap setup and it looks gorgeous and could even support the condy anemone, two clownfish, valantini puffer. I plan to out coral in next when I get home from vacation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new