400 gallon in wall build

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steve1310
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
4c02665287705cf920c0e8815297f789.jpg
 
And added a shelf and mounted my other 2 mp40 on the left side ! Hopefully I’ll have my apex set up sometime this weekend
 
Yeh I wanted to use my dos for the feed pump ! I’ve looked everywhere to see someone else that was using it to see how it did and I can’t find anyone! Have u heard anything?
I used a DOS for a while to feed Ca reactor. DOS is noisy IMO and somewhat limited as a feed pump. I switched to using the PMUP pump and using the powerhead configuration in APEX to cycle pump on/off to fine tune...basically adjust on/off time to compensate for Alk consumption.
 
I used a DOS for a while to feed Ca reactor. DOS is noisy IMO and somewhat limited as a feed pump. I switched to using the PMUP pump and using the powerhead configuration in APEX to cycle pump on/off to fine tune...basically adjust on/off time to compensate for Alk consumption.

Yeh I ended up getting a masterflex pump ! Probably the best pump for that kind of thing ! Medical grade and u can run it constantly forever ! And quite
 
Very well done...great attention to detail and organization! Something that I for sure am lacking!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new