40B Spontaneously Sprung a Leak -- Need Advice!

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I recall correctly, you were recently concerned with wanting more action in your tank without overcrowding. Here is your chance.. ;)
You've got a memory like a steel trap. Haha. But you make a compelling argument.

Also, this is me silently cursing myself for dropping another $250 on corals this morning when I now have to buy a bunch of other s***. </3

Last edited:

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got a memory like a steal trap. Haha. But you make a compelling argument.

Also, this is me silently cursing myself for dropping another $250 on corals this morning when I now have to buy a bunch of other s***. </3
thankfully.. money grows on trees.

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um, should I?
Me personally wouldn't own a glass aquarium again, I have a 20G hex freshwater that I'm hoping will outlive the fish before I dismantle the tank.

I love acrylic's clarity, it won't alter colors and it is almost infinitely repairable, no worries about dropping rocks or accidentally pressing too hard on a panel or having minor platform or level issues.

My tank I bought used, it's from 1997, some elbow grease and polishing and it looks almost new, I picked that tank up myself and it's a 109 gallon bowfront!

Now acrylic can fail too, but it gives warnings before it does and there are sometimes options to repair without completely draining it.

Whatever you decide, make sure you get a quality tank, it should last as long as you want a reef.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling super overwhelmed looking for a new tank. :( If anyone has recommendations (with links) for something 40-75 gallons, please post 'em!

The original tank was an Aqueon. I'm not necessarily in the mood to turn around and feed the hand that bit me.

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling super overwhelmed looking for a new tank. :( If anyone has recommendations (with links) for something 40-75 gallons, please post 'em!

The original tank was an Aqueon. I'm not necessarily in the mood to turn around and feed the hand that bit me.
price range?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thankfully.. money grows on trees.
Ha ha was only talking about in yorkshire/ England where im from on many countryside walks there a tradition of knocking coins into the trees and some trees literally got £ 100's of pounds in them and on a 1 hour walk can easy see 3- 4 trees full of money.

Wonder if took them all out and banged them back into shape,banks would take them ha ha ^_^
Not my photos ovbiously but you get the idea

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-224229_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-224229_Google.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 35

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A standard dimension 50 gallon should also fit your stand. Maybe Clear for Life for acrylic. Idk what your fastest options would be as far as shipping, if you're trying to do that.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you replace it with, check your stand for how well it supports the new tank before filling it with water. I suspect your stand may well have been responsible for the failure. It needs to be in contact with tank completely around the rim before you fill it. You should not be able to slide more than a piece of cardstock under it.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you replace it with, check your stand for how well it supports the new tank before filling it with water. I suspect your stand may well have been responsible for the failure. It needs to be in contact with tank completely around the rim before you fill it. You should not be able to slide more than a piece of cardstock under it.
My stand is level (as was the tank) and fit the tank rim-to-rim. :/

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A standard dimension 50 gallon should also fit your stand. Maybe Clear for Life for acrylic. Idk what your fastest options would be as far as shipping, if you're trying to do that.
Clear-For-Life's 50g dimensions are a bit more narrow: 36"L x 15"W x 20"H

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back