40Br ready for water

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its coming along very nicely, your rockwork will look cool once it starts to fill in

OP
OP
cichlidtx

cichlidtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks johnanddawn. I added a new addition this past weekend and have ordered a pair of Aussie B/W clowns. Here's some pics of the new addition that seems to have found its resting spot for now.

032911-RBTADuncan.jpg

032911-RBTACloseup.jpg

OP
OP
cichlidtx

cichlidtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't updated in awhile, everything has been going well. I lost my firefish, I will have to get a pair next time. I was given a pair of BW clowns from a friend which are really nice. One is a misbar or still developing but they had them for over a year. My anemone split as well. Here's some pics.

FTS
051711-1.jpg

Left
051711-2.jpg

Right
051711-3.jpg

Center
050211-4.jpg

OP
OP
cichlidtx

cichlidtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added 24 LED lighting

It's been awhile since my last update. I will show this across a couple posts due to the pics. I finished my 24 LED fixture, now waiting to finish the canopy this week. I haven't ordered the 3rd set yet, waiting to see how it looks with just the 2. Let me know what you think and if you have any input on the design. I'm trying to decide if I should mount the drivers on the fixture or to the stand. Any way here's some pics.
Acryliccover.jpg

coverandheatsinkmount.jpg

coverstandoff.jpg

Fanmount.jpg

fansonfixture.jpg

fixtureon.jpg

OP
OP
cichlidtx

cichlidtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video and par readings

Here's a quick video of my tank with the new LED setup. I also did some par readings tonight and here's the results. The fixture is 4.5" above the water surface and the LED's have no optics on at this time. I plan on adding 55 and 65 degree optics after corals acclimate to the change in lighting. Let me know what you think.
PAR readings

PARwithoutoptics.jpg

[video=youtube;1lEdSiJ8SaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lEdSiJ8SaA[/video]
Thanks

OP
OP
cichlidtx

cichlidtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, skinz78. It went better than I expected. As far DIY's go, it wasn't to difficult if you use a good reference, like the video in LED lighting forum. I do need to buy a higher wattage soldering, I had to do it at work. I'm going to take some pics of corals to monitor growth rate. I will keep posting updates.

OP
OP
cichlidtx

cichlidtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canopy complete

Canopy finally completed and on the tank. I used the same stain as the stand and just polyurethane on the inside. The center is painted brown to match the built-in desk. Here's some pics.

Closeup of light rack front to back adjustment. I used a rivet that fits in the slot cut in the wood.
lightrackadjustment.jpg

light rack
canopy1.jpg

front doors
canopy4.jpg

top opened, I need to add a locking hinge to hold it up
canopy3.jpg

Full shot of tank, stand and canopy. I need to add moulding to the bottom to cover the pink 2x4.
fulltankandstand.jpg

OP
OP
cichlidtx

cichlidtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update

It's been awhile since my last update so I thought I would share some pics. Everything has been good with the exception of a few chromis disappearing. This might explain the increased size of one of the RBTA's. Coral's are doing great, growth has been slow. Any suggestions to help with this would be appreciated. I've considered dosing Kalk as it's affordable for me at this time and I'm wanting to add some more SPS and a clam at some time. I won a $20 gift certificate from DRS Foster in a local club photo contest , so ordered some CoralAmino to see if it will help. I have some new additions as well, thanks to a friend. All feedback is appreciated.

FTS
FTS090411.jpg

Left side
Leftside090411.jpg

Right side
Rightside090411.jpg

RBTA
RBTA090411.jpg

plate
Plate090411.jpg

Hammer hosting B/W
HammerHostingBW.jpg

Shroom
Shroom090411.jpg

Chalice
Chalice.jpg

Reed639

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will be clowns I mean you have one of the biggest/nicest anemone I have seen I'n your tank and the clown chooses the hammer!

OP
OP
cichlidtx

cichlidtx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments. Luck would have it that neither of the clowns will touch RBTA, oh well.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back