40G Breeder AIO Custom Build

OP
NeonRabbit221B

NeonRabbit221B

View Badges
Reaction score
So not sure what to do. I siliconed it in place and had a leak in the front. I went ahead to doubled up on it the second time and had another leak. I am not sure how much of a leak would cause an issue but the chambers are definitely not sealed off or water tight. So frustrating and this is after taking down my old 30g and moving everything to a 30g rubbermaid.

OP
NeonRabbit221B

NeonRabbit221B

View Badges
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and did it. Might remove some of the locline and get a slightly stronger return pump as the flow without additional powerheads was next to null... Significant leak behind one of the larger rocks in the return pump chamber which sucks. Overall I like the look and the fish are happy again.
Final.jpg

TheWB

View Badges
Reaction score
That is pretty cool, did you get a picture? I had some plans for the back wall of my tank but ultimately decided against it since it’s the plastic wall to the rear sump chamber. I really like the look though so maybe next time. Did you have any thoughts of running the wall all the way across the back of the tank to complete the look?

OP
NeonRabbit221B

NeonRabbit221B

View Badges
Reaction score
My original design was to have two that met in the middle but tbh it took up so much room in the tank that I was wondering on why I did the upgrade in the first place. I will likely do a tint film on the back and sides.
I will grab a picture tonight as I saw him sitting in there this morning.

OP
NeonRabbit221B

NeonRabbit221B

View Badges
Reaction score
My final stocking list:

Valentini Puffer (in QT for another 5 days)
Coral Angle Beauty
Scissortail Dartfish
Bicolor Blenny
Blood Orange Clown
Sand Sifting Star (Moving to my friends 120)
Turbo and Turban Snails
Blue Legged Hermit

Corals:
Softies and LPS but may try SPS. (moving some back over from my Evo after an anticipated mini cycle)

Obviously the Star is going but have been able to target feed to an extent which has been nice. Might be able to move my snails/hermits to my 13.5 Evo if the puffer takes to tasting them. Any CUC suggestions?

TheWB

View Badges
Reaction score
My final stocking list:

Valentini Puffer (in QT for another 5 days)
Coral Angle Beauty
Scissortail Dartfish
Bicolor Blenny
Blood Orange Clown
Sand Sifting Star (Moving to my friends 120)
Turbo and Turban Snails
Blue Legged Hermit

Corals:
Softies and LPS but may try SPS. (moving some back over from my Evo after an anticipated mini cycle)

Obviously the Star is going but have been able to target feed to an extent which has been nice. Might be able to move my snails/hermits to my 13.5 Evo if the puffer takes to tasting them. Any CUC suggestions?
I really like the color and size of the Blood Orange Clowns. At one point my tank was just going to be two of them and an anemone. They can get pretty big because of the Maroon lineage and ultimately I decided I wanted more fish than just the two. Hopefully yours is less aggressive than a Maroon.

OP
NeonRabbit221B

NeonRabbit221B

View Badges
Reaction score
For the 4ish months I had him in the 30 gallon he was pretty chill with everything else. Maybe get an Ocellaris just to keep bioload lower? She does seem pretty lonely.
IMG_2037.jpg

Not a great photo but he was at the back of the tank.

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Where do you go in case of a real reef tank emergency?

• Me, myself and I

Votes: 57 38.3%
  • Local Friend

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Reef2Reef

Votes: 69 46.3%
  • Other

Votes: 13 8.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors