40G Breeder AIO Custom Build

Maybe you could start a new thread: "Show us your dino!" So many lovely shades of purple. We've all been there or will go there at some point.
 
I did opt for a Fuge in the middle with 2 layers of floss and a thing of carbon. Fuge is fairly effective and I am blanking on the name of the light but it seems to be growing chaeto like crazy. Definitely keeping nitrates and phosphates down
 
Brief update on my 40B AIO setup!

Cut foam for frag plug placement and acclimation
Replaced the LED strips with AI Primes
Added an MP40
Replaced return pump output with a RFG
Added a cheap HOB skimmer
Created a mesh lid
Added a IM intank UV to help with dinos
Decorated with some large shells and sea glass/bottles my mom collects on the beach
IMG_4011.JPG


Overall I like the setup dispite having detritus buildup in the return chamber and a few issues (aiptasia/dinos). I would recommend a foam wall to all the DIY reefers!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new