40G Breeder Startup

Thermite187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reef actually has established rock in it since 2007 when I first started reefing. It's been moved between 4 different sized tanks the last being a 120 FOWLR. This 40G downsize is the most recent revision running for 3 weeks now. I almost sold all of it off but just couldn't do it so I downsized due to moving to a smaller place that a 120 would not do well in...

Just getting started. Excuse the mess. All I really have is a few starter corals. Hoping to get lighting tuned in / PAR and settings figured out soon. Debating supplementing T5.
I moved a lot of equip from the 120G into the 40G hence the Tunze 9410 skimmer... hey it fit in the sump so had to go with it... :face-with-tears-of-joy:... and it's working ridiculously well still... Lighting is a single Kessil AP700. Otherwise it's a pretty simple setup. Lots of adjustments to make yet... once frags are alive and well I hope to move into birdsnests / montipora / certain named zoa's and more hardy acro's

Nothing to trade yet but always in the market for healthy frags here in Tucson if anyone has established colonies.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back