40G Breeder Startup

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R. We sure are glad to have you here.

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

OP
OP
T

Thermite187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that tank looks cool, i like seeing "old" fish like that cause i know they have been well taken care of and they did not die from ich or other diseases snowflake fish get
Aye, the coral beauty and clowns are over 10 years old. I had a treasured blue hippo and purple tang the same age that I deeply regretted having to find new homes for but they were doing well last I checked. I think my fish eat better than I do most days. :thinking-face: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I'm hoping I can keep the rock looking decent without my grazers...

I'm in no hurry. I'll be going slowly. Days, weeks and months in this hobby. Maybe even just weeks and months...

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reef actually has established rock in it since 2007 when I first started reefing. It's been moved between 4 different sized tanks the last being a 120 FOWLR. This 40G downsize is the most recent revision running for 3 weeks now. I almost sold all of it off but just couldn't do it so I downsized due to moving to a smaller place that a 120 would not do well in...

Just getting started. Excuse the mess. All I really have is a few starter corals. Hoping to get lighting tuned in / PAR and settings figured out soon. Debating supplementing T5.
I moved a lot of equip from the 120G into the 40G hence the Tunze 9410 skimmer... hey it fit in the sump so had to go with it... :face-with-tears-of-joy:... and it's working ridiculously well still... Lighting is a single Kessil AP700. Otherwise it's a pretty simple setup. Lots of adjustments to make yet... once frags are alive and well I hope to move into birdsnests / montipora / certain named zoa's and more hardy acro's

Nothing to trade yet but always in the market for healthy frags here in Tucson if anyone has established colonies.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Welcome! Glad you found this site and joined. Sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is so great both for life and for this hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
T

Thermite187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you found this site and joined. Sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is so great both for life and for this hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Thx I'll check into this once I get a little further along. Just getting started.

Back