OP
StephenGlidden

StephenGlidden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Love your thread and I have a 240 and I’m having my 425 built (well still on back order I they won’t get to it till mid October. But I went with the mitras ghl 7200 series. I only needed three and they are IMO quiet a few steps ahead
Of the radions pros. Plus you would need 6 to 8 radions we only three for the mitras and the mitras are close to 799 each. I would definitely research them as well. :) your tank looks amazing.

From your pics are you able to get behind your tank at all? I love how you did it but I wasn’t sure if that’s a door behind there or a window? How did you get it inside (the tank. As it being so large?

I will definently look them up thank you!
Thank you the tank came out awesome they did such a good job with everything on it.

I own a construction company, so the orange skid steer in the pictures is mine, also I am friends with a local crane company who let me borrow their fork extensions to fit under the whole tank. We ended up turning the tank on it’s face and using the forks sent it through a window near the stand, then all we had to do was lay it down on the stand.

There is a window right behind the tank so I have access to 90% of the plumbing and back wall of the tank!

OP
OP
StephenGlidden

StephenGlidden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try to do a step by step process, forgive if I leave anything out it has been an extremely long two days!
Friday night I mixed 125 gallons of saltwater, carried all of it upstairs into trash cans and all but gave up.
Saturday started at 7:30am pulling rock and draining water from the 300. Scooped out probably 30 gallons worth of sand and transferred it to the new tank. Then capped over it with about 500 pounds more to make a 5” sand bed.
Then came the fun part of stacking rock! We had the idea of wanting arches and caves and after a couple tries we had about what we wanted.
And then started filling with water, we took all the water from the 300+ the 125 I mixed up and all while this was going on was mixing another batch of 100 gallons which just barely filled the tank. :)
After started to release fish and place corals.
This starting at 7:30 am and finishing at about 10 pm we turn the pumps on, leaked checked and went to bed!

7367F3EE-4625-48B1-ADFA-DBC9A13A429C.jpeg

5FC07BC3-C6E4-4D23-A956-F33A661FC5CF.jpeg

8E895853-573F-4448-B9D1-C060EDEEA25E.jpeg

OP
OP
StephenGlidden

StephenGlidden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my overall plan is to do an update each month on overall quality, and new add ons or things I take away from this tank!
Hopefully no one gets bored of it also planning on pictures of any coral additions!

OP
OP
StephenGlidden

StephenGlidden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my first water change with my new setup here! Made life so much easier, I did 50 gallons in a matter of 10 minutes the 3/4 pipe with the water running out of it runs down to the basement where my saltwater is mixed up.
I have a pump downstairs controlled by an Apple HomeKit switch so as the sump fills up I can turn the pump off while not running downstairs in a panic!
So much easier then lugging buckets of water :eek:

96CA26DB-611F-4B6C-87A6-B7E2C12131B7.jpeg

OP
OP
StephenGlidden

StephenGlidden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked up my pellet reactor the other day, I cut the dose down into probably 1/4 or a little less and almost everything died in the tank :(
So disappointed, so I emptied it out and made it a carbon reactor.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back