45 gallons Acros tank

kid976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is amazing! Next time you have frags for sale I would love to see it in person. I live in SoCal as well

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning Acropora, love the Granulosa.

Is that a Maxima Clam?

Thanks. No, it is a Crocea clam. I have it for 4 years already since I started saltwater. It's been survive 3 tank transfer (10 gallons - 20 gallons - 45 gallons) and 3 house moving (lived in the bucket for weeks!) Bad butt clam for sure![emoji41]

Awesome corals. looking healthy and colorful. Love the FTS
Thanks

Your tank is amazing! Next time you have frags for sale I would love to see it in person. I live in SoCal as well
Thanks. You are always welcome! I live near Knott Berry farm.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful reef!

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cousin came over last Sunday to help me video my tank.
For this two minutes video, we worked with the recording for two hours long, and who know how many hours it took him to edit the footages! He is pretty good with video-tographer, but he doesn't have much experience with reef tank recording, especially under Radions LEDs. I have to say that the video comes out totally not as I expected! I don't like it, and I think he neither. ☹️
It still not clear (focus problem?), color is way out (the tank totally does NOT look like this in person), plus I recently trimmed down my colonies (not a prime time to recording huh). But I want to share it here so we can have an idea what I'm working with!

p/s: Please remember change Quality to 1080p, and turn on your volume!

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For this two minutes video, we worked with the recording for two hours long, and who know how many hours it took him to edit the footages! He is pretty good with video-tographer, but he doesn't have much experience with reef tank recording, especially under Radions LEDs. I have to say that the video comes out totally not as I expected! I don't like it, and I think he neither. ☹️
It still not clear (focus problem?), color is way out (the tank totally does NOT look like this in person), plus I recently trimmed down my colonies (not a prime time to recording huh). But I want to share it here so we can have an idea what I'm working with!

Dude!!! I am diggin that video in a big. big!! Way!! Tank is gorgeous!! Them radions man!! I just saw this thread and read through briefly before wanting to get to the video, and like I said super nice!! Keep on keepin on fella!! Sorry but I may steel your idea about skipping through the video to go along with the song!! Lol tell your cousin he did great!

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Awesome video, just starting to follow along but can't wait to see the rest of your progress. Random question, do you ever have any plans to grow any acros from your bottom glass? I saw the table acro on your back wall. Curious though if you'd ever take the floor approach?

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video, just starting to follow along but can't wait to see the rest of your progress. Random question, do you ever have any plans to grow any acros from your bottom glass? I saw the table acro on your back wall. Curious though if you'd ever take the floor approach?

If you notice, I have a colony of Vivid Rainbow Delight growing on the bottom glass.
32283444370_4e8080a28b_o.jpg

Luis Figueroa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mr V Once you stopped tinkering with your tank and the corals encrusted how long was it that you started seeing growth? Was it rapid,explosive in 3 - 6 months or just steady over long periods of time?

I have color and some encrusted acros so I'm hopeful they'll explode and colonize(mini) in like 6 months =O

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mr V Once you stopped tinkering with your tank and the corals encrusted how long was it that you started seeing growth? Was it rapid,explosive in 3 - 6 months or just steady over long periods of time?

I have color and some encrusted acros so I'm hopeful they'll explode and colonize(mini) in like 6 months =O

I would say 6 months or less.
Once they finish encrusting, they will "explode"!

NealH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your malanurus wrasse mind that there is no sand? I have been thinking about getting one, but my tank is bare bottom as well and I didn't know if that would stress it out too much. Beautiful tank, by the way!

Neal

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your malanurus wrasse mind that there is no sand? I have been thinking about getting one, but my tank is bare bottom as well and I didn't know if that would stress it out too much. Beautiful tank, by the way!

Neal

First, I only have him for a less than one month. A first couple nights, he didn't sleep, swam all night.Now he sleep on his side on the tank floor and the rock. I round a corner with sand for him, but he only use it for one night.
He eats pellet, brine shrimp. Very active swimming around the tank search for pods. There is no sign of stress so far. But I don't recommend getting a wrasse unless you have a tank lid, or any kind of back up plan in case he can't find a sleeping spot. A stressful wrasse will tend to jump.

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bering following your tank thread for a while now. Just wondering, what is next? Do you have anything planned that you'd like to do for this tank?

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bering following your tank thread for a while now. Just wondering, what is next? Do you have anything planned that you'd like to do for this tank?

This is the stage when I can truly enjoy the tank.
I have no plan to do next, just sit back, enjoy the fishes eating, the corals growing, trimming them....no thinking about changing this or adding that.....
I'm not even worry about doing water change or testing as schedule. Just change some water when I feel like I want to. Some time per week, sometime one month, two months. It's doesn't affect much.

Honestly, refilling the ato reservoir is my most heavy task at this stage!

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your style, I did a waterchange last April and have been thinking about doing one this April just to see what, if anything happens! ;)

If your not doing water changes how are you replacing trace elements?

Oh, I get me wrong on this. I'm not following the no water change stream. I think that water change bring many many benefits to the corals. In fact, I spent money on a very good salt (ESV salt), and I still shoot for 1 wc per week schedule.
I just don't push myself strictly following the schedule anymore.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back