450g Starphire Display

Wow, that is impressive Cody.

I guess the mp40's didn't make the cut?
 
Love the pic progression! Looks like you put alot of work in to restoring the tank. Hope you got a good deal! ;) What an addition list! Soooo, assuming an SPS build. hahaha.

Thanks. I think I came out alright on the tank. I actually wanted a 220 (30" deep), but I got this cheaper than a new one costs. I plan on getting one 4ft deep some day down the road... maybe when LED's are perfected! :)

Wow, that is impressive Cody.

I guess the mp40's didn't make the cut?

Thanks! The 60's are a better pump all the way around. I could never get the 40's aligned perfectly. Always a slight tick when I put my ear up to the tank... drove me nuts! The 60's have are a lot more forgiving. It's hard to get the OUT of alignment. I liked them so much I bought a third. I'll have to post a video of their undertow. They'll actually pull sand into a vortech directly under the pump! Unbelievable. They do make it hard to keep the sand where I want it.
 
Wow, that's impressive on the MP60s. I have a couple of MP10s on my aquarium and love them. The MP60s sound even better.

CJ
 
Wow, what a shame after all that work...
 
Good luck with the build it looks good so far. Hurry up and post more pics
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new